Wheel choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel choices

hello.. In my build of the 71 c-10 with no money.. I'm try'n to pick what rims to use on the truck.. as ? as I've stock piled a few sets..
    here is a truck like mine to use to judge as I don't have a good side few pic on file.. mines a long bed and no white top same color but no lower molding trim.

here are the type on it.. these are alum center with steel rim.. fronts are 7 or 8" rears are 10"
    I like the look of these, but they'll need work, maybe the centers painted a gunmetal color or body color(vet yellow)
    and the rims painted g.m. argent silver(rally wheel color) Ideas??

I also have a set of cragar SS that are new never used they are 8" thanks dad

a set of nascar style wheels these are 7"

the western these are new never used and are 8" (pic isn't my wheels just on net)
    these are as cast with a brushed rim

the z-28 wheel (these will require a lug nut bolt circle change)

other???
    thanks
    the ones on it
    0%
    cragar SS
    0%
    stock car
    0%
    western
    0%
    z-28/ MC SS Wheel
    0%
    none I like these (post photo)
    0%

Re: Wheel choices

I like those year trucks with the vette rally, no rings and the flat caps. US Wheel makes one that is better priced than the Wheel Vintiques ...
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
      I like those year trucks with the vette rally, no rings and the flat caps. US Wheel makes one that is better priced than the Wheel Vintiques ...
      if I did that, I'd get the 17" alum rallys, paint the centers body color and flat cap..

Comment

If the choice has to be limited to the pics you posted, then I'd go with the Daisy's or the Crager wheels

Comment

Originally posted by hoosiergta
          If the choice has to be limited to the pics you posted, then I'd go with the Daisy's or the Crager wheels
          for now they are, no money..
          but if you have an idea, post it..

Comment

I like the Westerns - you don't see them nearly as often as Cragars, and I'm not into the 3-piece wheel look myself.

Comment

Hard to tell without seeing your actual truck. If it is relatively stock-appearing and not lowered, I personally love painted steelies with dog dish caps (should be able to find junkyard wheels and maybe caps too):

If it didn't sit too high, your yellow truck could look bad-ass with those black Nascar rims:

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I have always been partial to these on that body style:

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Given limited budget and time / effort - it's hard to argue against the cragars - they are a classic timeless look - you have them, and they don't require any TLC to install and look great. I'm not a big fan of the wheels on it - especially since they need a ton of work to look fresh again.

The speedway black steels would look good if you're going for that kind of vibe with the truck - but I don't think you are...?
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I like those years..
                    they never did get justice in the wheels.

My trips to northern maine, spotting trucks mostly... revealed a fad going around with straight peugeot 505 looking things but round cricles instead of squarish. (I thought it was funny) with a straight center around the back plate, deep offset as per truck usual.

tough as hell.. they play with real diffs locked in up there that way.

back to the thread, for judging by photo, believe it or not.. I voted the ones you got it, and give them the work.

they seem to be workable, like you could take it apart..

I liked. cragar ss was for something else.. not sure what. SS tells me gm cars...not trucks.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

how do I keep the cragarSS from doing what the ones on the truck did...

Comment

Mark if you're going to run the truck all year then 2 sets would not be a bad idea, thats what the old guys back home did when I was a kid. Run the good ones in the Summer, I would say the Western or the SS's..then put a little work into the ones that are on there for or even use the black NASCAR rims for winter.
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

oops. did'nt look at all the pics before voting just the first pic. I would go with the cragar ss
                          It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

The cragar SS, new and need nothing, seems like a no brainer.

I like these on most older Chevy's:

Still available and reasonable at swap meets, if you're patient. Beware of the skinny van wheels!

Comment

I like these- it used to have these but I have also used these-

and these- all three trucks looked different but it all depends what YOU like
                              the white truck I also ran factory van ralleys on the front and blazer ones in the back'they all looked kool
                              whats up with the westerns they would look kool almost like CP200's

Comment

Working...
                              X