• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Dan Warner

Would a Suburban be allowed to run in the pickup class? I'm ready for "no."

Re: Question for Dan Warner

David -
    Dan was at Maxton this weekend, so I don't know if he has computer access for a day or two. BTW - it was real pleasure to meet him - a fine gentleman (as you know, I'm sure).

Dan

Comment

The Man has an Awesome Memory to Boot. Great Guy to hang out with too.

Comment

DF,

First, I love the site, haven't been able to get thru it all yet. Is this the end of print media?

Second, you are correct about the Maxton deal. Real fun, well run. I can see some enterprising person putting together several sites to form a series. Consistent rulebook, equal record database, etc. This could be the thing that will bring young racers to LSR.

Third, NO - your Suburban runs with coupe/sedans. SUVs, Crossovers, El Caminos, all that stuff is coupe/sedan fodder.

DW

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
          I'm ready for "no."
          Good thing you were ready ...

;)

Comment

I knew about El Caminos not being truck, but wondered about Subs. You'd be a chump to run one in Coupe and Sedan.

With all the millions of classes, I'm surprised no one ever talked the SCTA into an SUV category or class, especially considering the popularity of them and the performance models that the OEMs are making. Not that I'm condoning the idea, but I'm just noticing.

Comment

Ask Dan about running an AWD vehicle ...

Comment

The number of available classes vrs. the number of entrants is an issue to be addressed. In fact this issue is at the root of the shutdown of the www.landracing.com website. It is too as the site was a very valuable resource for the LSR racer and fan.

Comment

LSR is on the way up, Maxton has grown so much even in the year that I have ben going. I do not think that it will slow down at all for the next few years. I am happy to be a part of it. Hopefully, it will get a lot of the kids off the Streets and on to the Track.

Dan,
                  it was great seeing you again and chatting. I think I am ready to get back on track with the Streamliner. Buying a New Welder soon, I gotta get this thing rolling. (The Salt is Calling).

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                    With all the millions of classes, I'm surprised no one ever talked the SCTA into an SUV category or class, especially considering the popularity of them and the performance models that the OEMs are making. Not that I'm condoning the idea, but I'm just noticing.
                    Could a stock TrailBlazer SS run at Maxton?
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

You bet your bunyons it could...why not?

Talk about mechanical schitzophrenia, that place was dreamy for it's variety.

Obviously Bonneville, being so much bigger in scope would dwarf Maxton, but for a first timer it was something else.

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

in NY state , an el camino is classified as a truck

Comment

The SCTA does not honor NY rules.

Comment

No one honors NY rules, even Hilary, and Spitzer ignore em ;D

Comment

Not to mention Guliani ;D
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X