Trying to Reason With Tornado Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying to Reason With Tornado Season

They say it looks like a Lunar landscape when it's over. Up by our place in PA, we had one come through about 10 years ago in a town called Lake Carey. A neat little lake community that I've been through many times so I got to see the before. Words don't do it justice. Couldn't believe the after.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I miss that severe weather we had in Nebraska. A couple years ago I was in Kansas City and they were having a good ole thunder and lightning show. I sat out on the porch and enjoyed the show.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

PINKHEMI

Thank You for making me like Pink again! Barbie and Breast Cancer (a great cause, don't get me wrong) had pretty much wrecked that color for me.

I love your picture with your car!

~Gail
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE
          PINKHEMI

Thank You for making me like Pink again! Barbie and Breast Cancer (a great cause, don't get me wrong) had pretty much wrecked that color for me.

~Gail
          There's a young lady where I work - I say young, she's 24, the youngest company employee at the whole site - she's organized her own campaign called "Save the Tatas." She's got stickers on lots of cars in the parking lot and she even wears a pink hardhat at the worksite. Don't know where she got it, but you can see it from a mile away. It stands out.

Yeah, a mighty cool effort. We've got a history of breast cancer on Unit's side of the family, so yeah. If money can fix it , let's hope it does. Money is a good start. It (the cure) is bound to start with money from somewhere. Let's hope it helps.

Surely it will eventually, but not fast enough for some. But it has to start with money. Yes, it does, thinking logically. Folks whose family hasn't been affected by it may see it as just another charity ploy for funds. But when you're in it, and you're done with it (the end, family member gone), it means a whole lot more.

Sorry, I helped Gail derail the weather thread, but I think we were about done with it anyhow.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^ Gosh, what I type and what I thought I meant and what it looks and reads like after the ink dries on it....oh my. Gail, you ROCK! I started to delete the last line.... but preferred to leave it to show what an idiot typer I am. I'll crawl away....no valid excuses. I'm an idiot. Yep, that would be me. That line was just WRONG. I suck.

peedub

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My momma is a breast cancer survivor. radical left, three rounds of chemo, two surgeries and six yrs but now she's cancer free. ;D but, HRT >

My uncle Ken lived in Xenia ohio during the april 4th '74 tornado outbreak. I was 13 and we arrived in town at daybreak the day after. My mom let me ride my bike around the devestation. I met president nixon, shook his hand at the high school. he looked stressed. I learned that Tornados are bad. I saw amazing things. I've had lightning come into my current house twice, and blow up walls and stuff. You can't hide from Mother Nature. If ya worry 'bout it... just hurtin' yourself.... I hate it when cliche's are tru..but ;D ;D
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
              Originally posted by LORENSWIFE
              PINKHEMI

~Gail
              There's a young lady where I work - I say young, she's 24, the youngest company employee at the whole site - she's organized her own campaign called "Save the Tatas." She's got stickers on lots of cars in the parking lot and she even wears a pink hardhat at the worksite. Don't know where she got it, but you can see it from a mile away. It stands out.

Yeah, a mighty cool effort. We've got a history of breast cancer on Unit's side of the family, so yeah. If money can fix it , let's hope it does. Money is a good start. It (the cure) is bound to start with money from somewhere. Let's hope it helps.

Surely it will eventually, but not fast enough for some. But it has to start with money. Yes, it does, thinking logically. Folks whose family hasn't been affected by it may see it as just another charity ploy for funds. But when you're in it, and you're done with it (the end, family member gone), it means a whole lot more.

Sorry, I helped Gail derail the weather thread, but I think we were about done with it anyhow.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^ Gosh, what I type and what I thought I meant and what it looks and reads like after the ink dries on it....oh my. Gail, you ROCK! I started to delete the last line.... but preferred to leave it to show what an idiot typer I am. I'll crawl away....no valid excuses. I'm an idiot. Yep, that would be me. That line was just WRONG. I suck.

peedub

Peewee, you do not suck, I have lost friends to breast cancer, I am sorry that it is on Sue's side of the family. All cancer is such an elusive sneeky disease. I just SO associate that certain shade of pink with that, so if I see a car or whatever that is "that" pink I auto-assume it is related to raising money for Breast Cancer that's all. That lady's car is a nice different shade of pink. No calling yourself an idiot, as I re-read what I posted I can totally see how it sounded crass...

So how's the weather?
              :-*
              ~Gail
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Thunder and lightning I love.Tornados fascinate me ( I've seen three at a distance of no more than 10 miles ) getting where I hate rain because of having to fool with sump pumps acting up And my craw space flooding.

Comment

Now the guessers are guessing another round of (dreaded three-word-term-for-fear-and-mayhen) tomorrow and Monday, stronger than the last one.

That's it. I quit. I am never watching the weather channels and predictions agin. Ya'll can't stop me from stopping. But can I stop ME from watching? Is there a support group anywhere for weather wimps? It really IS a problem.

Werrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy. Stop it peewee, everything will be okay. It really will. It always is, 99.99 percent of the time.

The insurance companies make a fortune betting against what we fear will happen, yes they do. It's an odds game.

I'm coaching myself. Again. And again and again....

It's not working. Dang it. Blood pressure 190 over 120. Just at the very idea. I hate it.

Dadgum weather guessers. If only they could guess exactly what will happen to US exactly where we are on our little spot of earth.

No worries. (I'm coaching me), no worries. No, odds are nothing bad will happen.

Dadgummit. It ain't working. It's gonna be a long couple of days. Blasted weather guessers...I hate 'em. I don't hate THEM, but I hate what they do (to me). Don't tell me something "might" or "probably might" happen. It's the way I'm wired. That makes me assume that it will.

dub

Comment

pdub, just to add to your worries, and maybe lessen your weather worries. You're more likely to get severely injured/die during your daily commute to work than by a weather related incident . Tomorrow is not guaranteed, so have as much fun as you can right now, and worry about the small chit later.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                      pdub, just to add to your worries, and maybe lessen your weather worries. You're more likely to get severely injured/die during your daily commute to work than by a weather related incident . Tomorrow is not guaranteed, so have as much fun as you can right now, and worry about the small chit later.
                      Hmmmm. Matt, you must have read all the way through the blue book. Sounds just like it. Yeah, that's mighty good advice. How easy it is to forget...I keep forgetting. Remember peewee, it's all small stuff. Small stuff. No worries. Of course not.

Blasted weather guessers. They ruin my life for days at a time, and that's all inside of me. That's all it is. Okay - small stuff. And nothing but what's inside of me. Okay. I'll do better. No worries. Really. I'm an idiot. We've already established that. That much, I know.

Damn, I hate (the prospect of) bad weather.

Comment

It had nothing to do with the blue book it was the "red pill" ;). And the thunder rolls...

Matt

Comment

It had nothing to do with the blue book it was the "red pill" ;). And the thunder rolls...
                          Put your helmet on, Brother. The guessers have the bad stuff getting there first.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                            Put your helmet on, Brother. The guessers have the bad stuff getting there first.
                            Did that come from that life sucking device called a TV? If so, take the remote and throw it at the guesser of your choice, or throw it away and play the car racing game. As many times as you've wadded up a car and walked away from the couch, you'll be fine :D.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                            X