• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T-Buckets, why all the hate?

theyre too UGLY

Comment

if they dare to be different (remember that slogan)
      and run a mid to late 60's front drive with a nailhead or a late 90's caddy set up and a dummy block up front
      and a t p/u bed covering the drivetrain then maybe

Comment

I like T-buckets. But I prefer the earliest 60's versions, not done up with brass lanterns, too much chtome. I also like the C-cabs.

I'd like to build one from the Wintec kit.

Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

I like early 40's T-'Modifieds',NOT the late 60's & later stuff. ~J/W.

Comment

light, fast, impossible to control, deadly... in short, everything we like in our cars ;D ;D
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
              light, fast, impossible to control, deadly... in short, everything we like in our cars ;D ;D
              maybe with a rollbar that is hidden in this ,or no roof just follow those lines

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
                I was in one ONCE. Scary!
                I rode in one once. Scary. Later that year, another guy rode in the same car...cost him his life.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well DF's post looks like the're on the right path-big goodyears, and we know if David has his way the engine
                  will have some snot. Rode in one once, I know if I owned one I'd drive the crap out of it. This from a muscle car
                  guy-fwiw. Oh yeah, the ride I was in, had a muncie 4spd. Dare to be different I guess.

Comment

I grew up when T-buckets were cool.
                    They looked neat then, but I never wanted one.

Now they are just another automotive style I don't care much about.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

To quote the movie "Gumball"....

"That car looks like a Jukebox!"

I like everything about 'em except the body style.
                      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Way back in the day, 70's, there were two t-buckets in Tucson where I lived at the time that pretty much cleaned house on all the street racers (so I'm told). No real surprise given the horsepower to weight, one was a small block Mopar the other a small block Ford.

I was asked to drive the Mopar one night at the old Tucson Dragway as the owner of the bucket hadn't been able to beat the local hot shoe on his bike, a KZ-1000 I think (hard to remember) as he couldn't cut a light to save his life.

This involved neutral dropping the automatic and the thing went for the tree, the guard rail the center line and then down track and I almost caught the bike. There was a big dip in the track at the lights and I vividly remember hold onto the t-handle shifter as my butt cleared the cushion.

First and last full pass in a T-bucket. Big fun though, no hatin' here.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

not real big on them, but built to actually handle thay can be quick
                          but I wouldnt want one without a cage, it would have to be more like a altered

I dont like the overdone ones with the funky lights and chrome and the square headlights
                          were the worst ugh puke!!!

my buddy has one, he want to do some crazy engine work on it but I would be afraid to (no cage)
                          this is the one he wanted to put a 408 kit in it, the gray haired guy owns/built it, the other guy has a bunch of neat old cars.
                          that in front of my old trailer house

COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I dig them (most) myself...something like this would float my boat

Although I have to agree on some of the points, some of the owners can be tools...but the same can be said for many classic car owners in this town. Also, there are some really fugly ass buckets out there...there are a few local that are just god awful...

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

i dig. building one is on my bucket list.

like this though

(i relise this is actualy a modle A)

Comment

I have a floor to clean

Comment

Working...
                                X