Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Buckets, why all the hate?

I just got done looking at a Facebook post by DF,

The announcement was "the next HRM project" but the feedback was cold at best...there seems to be mad hate for these little rods?

So why do you hate/love them?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: T-Buckets, why all the hate?

ticket magnet

Comment

I was in one ONCE. Scary! I don't like them at all, silly cartoon clown cars.
      I think the "Track-T" concepts could be fun but not a T-bucket.

Comment

Love 'em! .... just don't really care for the attitude of the majority of the owners around here. They are uppity and self centered, plus all of them in these parts are show queens.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

M'eh. Just no interest in them. Would I go for a ride in one? Sure. Would I drive one if offered? Sure. Would I buy or build one? No.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

If it looks like a fuel altered it's cool, if it looks like a munster mobile, no thanks.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

No likey.

diff'rent strokers for diff'rent fokers
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

^^^^"it's just a game foker!"

I'm not sure I could ever get used to steering with a vertical steering collumn....

on one side it's pretty close to the ultimate power to weight ratio combination,
                on the other side - that's only cool if it can actually get the power to the ground, and be fun to drive, the few T buckets I've been around were either over chromed show queens - or hopelessly traction limited - or both.

Now - would I drive one on every sunny day I could if someone gave me one - hell yea.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

They're just GAY,that's all ;D. Nobody I ever knew seemed to like them,including me. ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                    They're just GAY,that's all ;D. Nobody I ever knew seemed to like them,including me. ~J/W.
                    I wouldn't exactly call them GAY....What would you call a little electric car?
                    Originally posted by TC

Comment

'Plug-N-Play-gay' ;D?! Still,never liked them. Awful lookin'. ~J/W.

Comment

"Awful lookin' ;D
                        Originally posted by TC

Comment

Not diggin them either. They all look like they drove off the set of the Munsters.
                          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Never ridden in one and don't want to. Agree on the owners' attitudes as well.
                            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

a way to use old stuff.
                              that is all I see.

attitudes are probably first hot rods with not much credit.

the years of v8 and these chassis must have overlapped in the 40s...
                              no nikon point and shoots to capture them I guess. :

no one laughs at a 366 truck engine (396) in a chevelle... must be the fenders hiding it.

I like it all but where front axle is...and belly is way up high on the straight rails...but that is the way it is.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X