Elon Musk (Tesla) obviously doesn't understand Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elon Musk (Tesla) obviously doesn't understand Top Gear

If you told me before Top Gear was going to test the Tesla Roadster to describe what would happen on the show, I would have been pretty close to what actually happened.  The people at Tesla are idiots or never took the time to watch the show to understand the mess they were getting into.  That's their own damn fault.  Now Elon Musk is not only suing them, as we discussed already, he's running around talking as much trash as he can.  It's also turning out that Top Gear is a bit more on the side of being honest than previously reported.

Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk reportedly dropped an f-bomb on the blokes at Top Gear and says the popular BBC motoring program’s test of two Roadsters was “completely phony.” The no-holds-barred assessment comes after Tesla sued the BBC and Top Gear for libel and “malicious falsehood.” Although program host Jeremy Clarkson raved about the Roadster’s […]

"The fundamental thing with Top Gear is that the show was about as authentic as a Milli Vanilli concert, but the problem is most viewers don't know that."

It's an entertainment show, you moron.  It's more comedy than reporting. 
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Re: Elon Musk (Tesla) obviously doesn't understand Top Gear

The guy in the picture looks like a real douche!
    His dorky cars suck too.

Comment

He is a douche. Just because somebody hurt his feelings over his baby...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Interesting

I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Andy Wilman in Top Gear has also written about this scenario.

Comment

I can stand Top Gear but Tesla Motors' cars are JUNK and I think that company is a total scam for receiving federal tax dollars for "bailout" when they haven't produced anything beyond a rattly, squeaky, poor performing POS.

I think that sums up my thoughts on Tesla Motors.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

after top gear wins in court they should do a skit on it with clarkson as the wig'd judge..
              hahahaha

Comment

Being Silicon Valley guys, the Tesla folks know the value of a good marketing ploy, and its ability to cover up the deficiencies of a product.

I remember in the middle of the Dot.com boom I asked my brother, an IT guy, how he decided to invest in ".com" companies that appeared to have no real product or any discernable way of turning a profit. His comment was that he "looked at the size of their PR budget."

Comment

It's a ponzi scheme that resulted in a $100K golf kart. Now they're going to take public relations tips from the church of scientology?
                  Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

and it's coincidence that Jeremy is now being accused of impropriety with his assistant. Musk is an asshat...
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

'Musk',what a name. And what a TOILET the "Testical" is.................. :o ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

Hopefully the rocket program goes better for him than the car thing has so far.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                        X