turbonique kart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbonique kart

if anyone reads R&C there's a cool kart article this month. i'm working on the front axle today & looking for ideas. had to share this.

if y'all have any ideas (not holding my breath) shoot 'em this way.

"We MUST lift the inside wheel while cornering." - what will be the differance between 3* & 5* of caster? (positive or negitive, we're tilting the tops of the spindles foward)

I'd like to make this 'VERY' adjustable. suspension physics are of great interest to me.

Re: turbonique kart

I don't know jack from shit when it comes to suspensions...but man, you might want to shift your whole column forward if you really do have the balls to drive that thing. First two words in my head were "fire and rescue" for some reason...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
      I don't know jack from shit when it comes to suspensions...but man, you might want to shift your whole column forward if you really do have the balls to drive that thing. First two words in my head were "fire and rescue" for some reason...
      what do you mean? it'll be built to define overkill (until i find a motor with triple digit power) so with the heavy weight & large tires corners aren't gonna be as 'throttle contolled' as I'm used to.

Comment

LOL...just might wanna make room for the two big brass ones, that's all. Like I said, I don't know suspensions past the basics.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

haha, i see. yea, this weekend I pushed my dirtbike too far multiple times on the same corner. old enough to know better, but too young to care.

my moms friends husband got me a job building a harley cafe bike, & the owner needs a racer, being 145 lbs I'm light & stupid, told the guy my balls weigh more than i do, but the bike won't even notice...haha

he's got a kawasaki z1000 engine i'm trying to get.

Comment

If you take much caster out of a Kart (if thats what we are talking about) it will break your wrists, been there and will tend to after a certin point not want to correct and recenter the wheel it will just keep turning farther. if your looking to help with under steer put a bathroom scale under each of the front tires and sit in it take a reading on the weights and you can either center the weicht but putting a block under the front tire ( this has to be large) and bouncing on the unsuported front tire tweeking the frame :o, If you are making all left turns you can cheat by preloading it with weight the same way :
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
            X