85 MPH in Texas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 MPH in Texas ?

85 MPH in Texas may be the new speed limit, what do you think? Your thoughts Charles.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...-safe-24835691

Re: 85 MPH in Texas ?

nice. all for it..
    3600 pounds returns, and rwd, and full frames.. and...
    ;D
    maine has got to do that for 100 miles or so of northern 95.lagrange onward. not lagrange texas. ;)
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

What's not to like, it's not like everyone isn't going that fast anyways, only difference is changing it to 85 is going stop making people criminals.........

Comment

Then they can take those revenuers and put them on the boarder >

Comment

: Just out side San Antonio on I 10 the speed limit is already 80 .I like it
          Danny/Zachary
          HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

I'm all for US going fast. What worries me is THEM. Old farts (myself excluded), teen-age girls on cell phones, soccer moms swatting kids in the back seat. How about the hoopties with the Maypop tires and little to no brakes? Things happen a whole lot quicker at 85 than at 70. Of course, maybe the ensuing accidents will be fatal more often and the gene pool will get thinned out.......

Dan

Comment

You know why Europe is such a great place to drive?

Because people actually pay attention, and adhere to the "slower cars move to the right" laws.

If every dumbass doing 63 in the passing lane while texting, playing with their iPod/Pad/Touch, eating a burrito, doing makeup, or just daydreaming, would MOVE THE FRIG OVER, then America would be way nicer.

But God, we can't seem to do that, it would be too rational, and we can't have anything rational, now can we?

Instead, lets train our law enforcement to pull over random people doing 72, in any lane.

I've driven in about 40 states, and they ALL SUCK in this regard.

End RANT.... now, where is my McMuffin? I'm driving to Starbuck's, and this guy in front of me in the passing lane is going too slow.
              Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

europe's greatness ended with world wars

Comment

Yea to hit on what Dan said, the speed limit jumps up to 80 bout a half hour west of San Antonio and it like that til bout a hour outside El Paso and it will only be for passenger cars and trucks. Trucks towing trailers and OTR trucks will still only be able to do 65 so you're gunna hafta be on your toes out there in the country cause when you're out there and something happens it could be a while til someone gets to you
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony
                    Because people actually pay attention, and adhere to the "slower cars move to the right" laws.
                    I think most states have laws like that, I know PA and NJ do. They even have signs in New Jersey telling people to drive in the right lane, but it seems once they cross the boarder into PA, they forget it. Laws like that are harder to enforce though, than speed limits.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07
                      Originally posted by Caveman Tony
                      I think most states have laws like that, I know PA and NJ do. They even have signs in New Jersey telling people to drive in the right lane, but it seems once they cross the boarder into PA, they forget it. Laws like that are harder to enforce though, than speed limits.
                      In Germany on a three lane highway all Semi's have to travel in the right lane and are only allowed in the center lane to pass, plus they are limited to about 50mph. Cars have to travel in the center lane, leaving the far left lane open for passing. Also if a car travels in the far left lane for to long, it's ticket time, especially if they are holding up other cars.......

Comment

I think Dan's got something with the US and THEM stuff. I am sure the average person on this forum would be fine at 85, but I am not sure the average person in this country would be. That is sad to say, but I would be very leary of an 85 mph limit for that reason alone.

Comment

I'm not worried about the people doing the speed, when everyone is traveling the same speed it's like standing still anyways, the problem I have is the people that are going slower and thus causing a variable to be thrown in. And in most cases road conditions will dictate speed limits anyways.

Comment

I'm not for it everywhere, but there are some sections of Interstate that damn well need it, esp. in Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, and I-70 through Western Kansas...
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I think 85 is good if you can handle it, I just wish the dumb asses would quit passing my loaded tanker truck while I am doing 70 and cut in front of me to get off a exit.

Comment

Working...
                              X