Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Forum Upgrade Happening at Approximately 11am Thursday!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Forum Upgrade Happening at Approximately 11am Thursday!!!

Yes, freaking finally. The long awaited BangShift forum upgrade will happen on Wednesday and Thursday. This process will have a few steps and will take the forums off-line for certain periods during Wednesday and Thursday. You may stop in here and get a "work in progress" note or something to that effect while the guys at the web company do their work.

What does this mean for you?

You'll have the ability to directly upload photos and stuff to the forums. No more using Photobucket, etc.
    You'll be able to build your own "garage" profiling your cars and sharing photos and information about them.
    You'll be able to use some other new widgets that we'll announce once things are in place.

What YOU will have to do...

Because passwords are protected data, they cannot be transferred to the new board. That means you'll need to request a new password on your first log-in. This is easily accomplished by clicking the forgot password link in the log in window. You'll be e-mailed a new password, which you can change once you have logged in to your account for the first time.

We have had a small band of BS agents get in and try the "new" site, with lots of good feedback and information. They all managed to navigate the password resetting process. (Moderators/Admins) have a different process to go through, but that's not of your concern.

Will there be initial glitches and small issues? Probably, yes. Avatars and other stuff should "make the switch" but if they do not, you'll need to reload them. We'll be available for help via e-mail @ [email protected]

We've obviously spent a bunch of time tweaking and working on this thing so we anticipate that you'll enjoy it. The people who have been to the "other side" and worked with the basic version have all been complimentary and provided awesome feedback that we put to good use.

STAY TUNED TO THIS THREAD FOR INFORMATION AND UPDATES

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: BangShift Forum Upgrade Happening on Wednesday and Thursday!

If you guys mess this up I swear I'll.....well probably nothing but, ANARCHY! ;D ;D :D :D
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

See you on the other side!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I feel like it is 1999 again. :o :D
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Oh, you guys are probably getting worked up over nothing. The process will go over seamles-------*

*error 404 file not found* :D
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Sweet! This should be cool! If not we're stringing you and Chad up by your toes. >
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

We are super excited about this, but probably won't sleep a wink for the next 72 hours because we are so nervous. We know that you guys have been waiting for this, and we've been working our balls off to make it happen. Software companies suck is all we are going to say. Oh, and we should start our own after fixing all their jacked up stuff. ;D ;D ;D ;D

But now we are pretty good to go. Please let us know if you have problems once we get things rolling. We don't need the, "oh i wish it did this" or "I like xyz feature on this forum". What we do need, is detailed info if you have a login, or other functionality issue. Brian and I are available. Email us. We'll respond and we'll make it right.

Thanks for being supportive guys. It's about to get even more fun around here. Trust me.
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Yes, freaking finally.
                What does this mean for you?

You'll have the ability to directly upload photos and stuff to the forums. No more using Photobucket, etc. You'll be able to build your own "garage" profiling your cars and sharing photos and information about them.
                You'll be able to use some other new widgets that we'll announce once things are in place.

STAY TUNED TO THIS THREAD FOR INFORMATION AND UPDATES

Brian

Finally!!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You......................

Oh and Chad, I'm painting the race car for the new season and I could use some new BS decals if you have them.
                There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Moving? Ugh! I hate having to pack up my tools, parts, and project cars. Oh yeah, I always seem to always break a glass or dish no matter how I pack them. Those Uhauls always smell like sweaty feet. My cat will freaked out for a month too.

Not having to use phobucket again is worth the whole move.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

Not having to use photobucket again is worth the whole move.
                    X2 ;D
                    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Being able to post from my phone will be awesome. Can't wait.
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Do we have to maintain the photobucket pictures, or do they become part of the site once this is live?
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Enthusiastically waiting.......... ;)

I knew something was up when late at night the site would be running slow or I wasn't getting access. Here's to a smooth transition.

Comment

Before we all die, I'd like it to be known that at this moment in time I had 174 days, 11 hours and 4 minutes here. I don't think I'll have the lead going forward, there were a few people gaining on me in the last year. :P Oh, and 10,510 posts :P
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Total time logged in: 73 days, 9 hours and 36 minutes.

damn, you have 100 more days than me....
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X