getting my old username back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting my old username back

alright, so i tried changing my email address before the big change-over and couldnt do it. i was using the same password i was still logging in with to confirm the change but it was saying it was incorrect.

the problem is, my email address to my old account was through fairpoint and now that i dont have them anymore as an ISP i cant get into that account to change my password. is there any way a moderator can tell me the new password to my old account so i can still use it? or am i stuck with a "2" on the end of my username now?
    formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
    http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

my question has been answered

Comment

Is the answer a firm no? I see we had to create a new account but is there any possibility?

Comment

If you no longer have the e-mail address that the new password for your old account would be sent to, the old name is gonzo. Nobody, and I mean, nobody has access to the passwords so I can't even sneak in the back door to help you on that one.

Sorry.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

You have to have access to the email account that is associated with your username, in order to get the reset password.

If you can't do that, there is no hope.
          :p
          ~ White Monster ~

Comment

the admins cant get us the new passwords to our old accounts. but if you have access to your email that your old account was registered with than you can just have the new password for your old account sent to your email and then change it

..tree'd by white monster and brian
            Last edited by 1988montecarloss 2; April 14, 2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

yup that is why i have my new name lol

i have been wanting to change it any way
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Brian, maybe I didn't pay enough attention to all that is happeneing. I have my original user name and logged in OK after requesting a new pass word. Now how do I get my screen name back?? Can you help? Thanks!!
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Hmmm....working on figuring that one out. RedCammer did it. Let me see if i can figure out how.

Comment

Well thats a bummer, oh well its only the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by roetman View Post
                      Brian, maybe I didn't pay enough attention to all that is happeneing. I have my original user name and logged in OK after requesting a new pass word. Now how do I get my screen name back?? Can you help? Thanks!!
                      I was wondering the same thing........

Comment

Ok, so some guys have been getting two e-mails to reset their password. One for their original name and the other with the imported_ before it.

Did you dudes only get 1?

Comment

Yeah, try that.

Comment

Just one so far. I dunno what I did differently than the other gents.

Comment

Anybody see Groucho yet?
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X