Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that embedding video is so easy, post up your favorites here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•  
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Thatīs cool, amazing how suck-squeeze-bang-blow getīs done in the short time available.

Comment

• What really surprised me was the difference in the flame between diesel and gas. It's easier to see why Diesels make so much more torque after comparing the 2.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
          What really surprised me was the difference in the flame between diesel and gas. It's easier to see why Diesels make so much more torque after comparing the 2.
          diesel has more BTU than gasoline. Check the weight of a gallon of diesel v. gasoline... that and a 20:1 compression ratio (+/-) and a turbo.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Just like the spintron tests and the plastic engines, it's impressive how much of the classic running engine noise is NOT combustion.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

diesel has more BTU than gasoline. Check the weight of a gallon of diesel v. gasoline... that and a 20:1 compression ratio (+/-) and a turbo.

Knowing the concepts is one thing, actually seeing them in action is another. It wasn't so much how much fire there was in the diesel, but how little there was in the gas engine. I thought a violent explosion of volatile gas would be more visually impressive than that. I was expecting BOOM and instead it was pfft.
              Last edited by tedly; December 12, 2014, 03:22 PM.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Just like the spintron tests and the plastic engines, it's impressive how much of the classic running engine noise is NOT combustion.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

• http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Short cut through the park?

Comment

• not many stick it out with subarus...
                      to find a racing realm actually winning.. that is something.
                      I remember TRP racing from some years ago, they had a 4wd standing up.. four cylinders.

it was mind boggling then and now.
                      I knew to retreat after finding my own numbers. An N/A not only half powered, but already beating factory turbos with the smallest parts given.

Damn the world is stupid.

race tracks can prove it.

this one is a six cyl, and if true to the way they were, it is a subaru built to the gills.

that time frame is on par with GT-R in the best of their japanese drag racing. The flat six cyl even as subarus weirdness is right there.

this vid shows up as I was thinking of the next build of my own. Earlier today I was looking at a flywheel I keep in the kitchen cabinet
                      I found away to shave off at least 6 pounds, or more.

not much power retarding left for my stuff...and subaru working my way. My goal is the same as way back when..just want to be comparable to the 40s mm gasser beetles...and that is pretty darn quick, when done well.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 14, 2014, 05:52 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

•  
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

•  
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

•  
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

• OK, this guy has got a lot of cool stuff!

I'm probably wrong

Comment

• 'Twas the Night Before Cruisemas

Last edited by malc; December 16, 2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X