Funny Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Monday

She'll kill me if she finds out I'm having this much fun telling on her.  ;D

So, we walk out of the house this morning to go to work and I do the normal kissy, "I love you" good by.  I get in my truck and start getting situated, while she's backing up.  Then I hear, "CRACK" and water start running.  She ran over a water faucet.  Not a little one.  A one inch faucet that comes directly off the well.  The under side of her truck is getting washed.  She gets out of the truck and says, "Look what I did!"  I'm already running for the well to shut it off.  I had a class to teach today, so I didn't have the option of dealing with it at that time, so I leave the water off and head to work.

So......I figure I'll be slick and finish up my class early today and head home to fix the broken pipe.  Half way through the 35 mile drive back home, my truck started shaking like crazy.  I figure it's a tire, so I move to the right lane and slow down.  I limped it home, and it was a bad tire.  Big bubble on the driver's side rear.  So I took it in and had a new tire put on and headed home to fix the pipe.

Got the truck fixed and the pipe fixed and I'm sitting on the porch having a cold one, when she walked out laughing so hard, she couldn't tell me what she was laughing at.  She had just come out of the bathroom.  She finally gasped, "The toilet is clogged!"  So, I got up and searched the house for the plunger and got the toilet fixed.  I'm now about ready for bed.  I hope nothing happens between now and then.  ;D

Re: Funny Monday

Man, if it were not for bad luck. Time to go to bed and hope tomorrow is better. ;D
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Update: Jay stubbed his toe on the nightstand on the way to bed.

Ha! just kidding Jay. We all have those days, although it's been a while since I've had one with that many mishaps. At least you seem to find the levity.
      Better luck tomorrow.

Comment

sounds like a case of the mondays!
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

Wow..Murphy was havin' some fun with you today.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

When you get to bed you have a pipe problem too and this one she can fix ;D
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Damn you sure made me feel better :D

Comment

Today was much better. No pipes to fix, no bad tires. It was just one of those days. 8) Glad you guys got a kick out of it. I sure did. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder
                  sounds like a case of the mondays!
                  That was the case for sure! Great to see you Rusty! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                    When you get to bed you have a pipe problem too and this one she can fix ;D
                    ROTFLMAO! I can only wish. ;D

Comment

Working...
                    X