Former Car Junkie duster getting new life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Car Junkie duster getting new life

I posted this yesterday but the thread vanished. Anyway I bought this 74 duster form Freiburger when Car Junkie TV dis banded.Had it shipped to Indiana and started working on it as time and money allowed. Original /6 auto and is now a 360 Duster clone for the Pure Stock Musclecar Drags.Car will also be my sons(just turned 15) first hot rod.built the car relatively cheap which is the reason I chose this model to clone.I don't think there is any other mopar package that could be built for as little money as this one.73 340 duster/dart sport would be close.
    When it still was at Car Junkie:
    Attached Files

In the background for one of the "On the Rack" out takes
    Attached Files

Comment

My son when we got it back to Indiana
      Attached Files

Comment

As of a couple weeks ago.Engine bay still dirty from being in the bodyshop for 10 months.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Seth Jones; April 16, 2011, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I see you made it on !

I had the same problems getting logged on as you , Brian is a meanie
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks BigDad! The stuff I went through is probably childs play for somebody that is competant with computers but for somebody like me it is very frustrating.Everything seems to be working well now though.

Comment

great looking car, I like the color a lot...I know I would have been been wearing permagrin if that landed in my lap at 16yrs old
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
                great looking car, I like the color a lot...I know I would have been been wearing permagrin if that landed in my lap at 16yrs old
                He hasn't been bitten by the car bug yet but neither had I at his age. He'll still have to pass the level headed test before he gets turned loose with it.

Comment

If he doesn't get bit and you need a surrogate son....I am open for adoption...I am self sufficient and come with grandkids....
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Thats a great looking ol Duster ,if things don't work out with you and Joe , You can call me son too if you like .. My real dad has been gone since 1984
                    sigpic

Comment

I love me some MOPARS (and Fords and GMs). Great project, for sure. If the lad doesn't come around - or if he does - I'm available as a surrogate Grandpa and I'm good at it. I have thousands of stories that begin with "Hell, when I was yer age......"

Dan

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words!

Comment

Sweeeeeeett!

Comment

Interior shots
                            Attached Files

Comment

Really nice !!

Comment

Working...