Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the old site, there was a button/link "view new posts since last visit" or something like it. I really liked that .... Is it still here somewhere or is there a way to add it etc
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Try going to the root of the forum and clicking "Whats New" - it's the closest I've seen.

What I mean is the part on the top where it says "Forum -> Bangshift -> General" or whatever, click on the one that says Forum. Then up on the menu bar Where it says Forum / Garage / Whats New, click what's new.
    Last edited by Beagle; April 16, 2011, 09:20 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That's it .... thanks Beags
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Also, Right under Forum is New Posts ... which is exactly what it says.

Comment

What web browsers are you guys using? I've tried both the "What's New" and the "New Posts" links on three different computers and they both do exactly the same thing, show threads, not posts.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hey guys.. Is there a "Reply To My Posts/Threads" link like there used to be?
            After being in hybernation from this forum for some time, the "New Posts" link is about 50 pages long!
            Last edited by BlackoutSteve; April 16, 2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Okay is it just me, or ... beside each thread topic there is a little blue downward pointing arrow that is supposed to take you to the first new post. Problem is it doesn't, anyone else having this problem or am I missing something?
              "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve View Post
                Hey guys.. Is there a "Reply To My Posts/Threads" link like there used to be?
                After being in hybernation from this forum for some time, the "New Posts" link is about 50 pages long!
                At the top of this page click "My Profile" then on that page on the left "Find all started threads" should take you back to your stuff.
                Tim
                Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                  At the top of this page click "My Profile" then on that page on the left "Find all started threads" should take you back to your stuff.
                  Thanks Tim, but that's just threads that I've started..

I mean new posts in all threads I've participated in since last visit.

Perhaps this new software has deleted all our previously subscribed threads.. Why do I always shudder with fear at the thought of new forum software?

I sure miss the days of HRM's forum PRE Source Interlink.
                  3 years on and that forum is still a ghost town!
                  Last edited by BlackoutSteve; April 17, 2011, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman View Post
                    Okay is it just me, or ... beside each thread topic there is a little blue downward pointing arrow that is supposed to take you to the first new post. Problem is it doesn't, anyone else having this problem or am I missing something?
                    I've noticed that, too. I figure they just need to iron some wrinkles out.

Comment

When we review our posts they should be sequential from newest to oldest (just like in the old forum that worked right and didn't need replacing).
                      Now I have my five latest posts in reverse sequence, and then it jumps to threads two years old.
                      That sucks.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I noticed that too. I was trying to search for a post that's about 3 weeks old by BBR, I couldn't remember the thread name, and the search feature wasn't coming up with anything, but I posted in it, so I went to my last posts, then after just a couple days it goes to 2009.
                        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 17, 2011, 08:43 AM.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

There is a setting to control how old of posts it will show.

The blue button to the left of the subject line should let you see the posts in that thread since you last viewed the thread. It kind of worked for a short time, but now it just shows the posts added since the feature quit working the day before yesterday.

There are some bugs to iron out...I'm going to be patient and see what they can do.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Okay, cool. I thought it was working before but wasn't sure, thanks
                            "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

How ya been Steve?

Comment

Working...
                              X