***Board Stuff We're Working On**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Board Stuff We're Working On**

Hey everyone, just an FYI on what we have on the "fix it" list for the next couple days, just want to let people know that we're not saying, "everything's done" at this point. If you have any other FUNCTIONALITY issues please post them here.

**Still working on some log in issues, sorry for anyone trapped outside and trying to get in, but we should have you all handled in the next couple days.

**Post editing -- you will be able to edit your posts at any time, not just for the first couple minutes

**Photo widths on the forum -- as much as the larger avatars are cool, we're going to shrink them back down so that photos can be posted and you won't have to scroll bar side to side in order to see the whole photo. The avatar will lose about 40 pixels. Those will be given to the posting area for the photos.

**Signature font size -- there is a work around for this but we're still trying to square it away so you don't have to do anything extra.

***Coloration -- We may tweak the background color of the board as some have said that it freaks their eyes out with the bright white that it is now.

**Calendar -- It either works now or will shortly. Don't fret.
    Last edited by BangShiftChad; April 17, 2011, 08:06 PM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

I've seen some complaints about not enough PM space. Seriously? Do you guys really need more than 1000? Get an email address man. They are free on GMail.

I hate PMs personally. I have several email addresses, a phone, and ears. If you can't get me on one of those three, you aint lookin hard enough. My phone number is everywhere. So is my email address. Feel free to use either one.

If you guys truly need more than 1000 PMs, we'll look into changing it. But you might want to think about why you have them. Next thing you know, your family will be on tv pulling 14 years of newspapers, 4 dead cats, and an entire Blockbuster worth of DVDs out of your house along with enough trash to fill the dump.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I think the color's fine
      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by carjunkiechad View Post
        if you guys truly need more than 1000 pms, we'll look into changing it. But you might want to think about why you have them. Next thing you know, your family will be on tv pulling 14 years of newspapers, 4 dead cats, and an entire blockbuster worth of dvds out of your house along with enough trash to fill the dump.
        lmao!
        STUGOTS

Comment

I still have tiny type and refreshing does not change it-I am currently copying and pasting to a word document anything I want to read-that's slow and cumbersome.....
          67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
          05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

I don't know if this is even technically feasable but can you make the forum width auto scale with display settings? That way people with widescreen monitors can get a full width forum section?

I've also noticed the main page doesn't seem to update new posts vs no new posts for me, anyone else have that issue?

Thanks for all the hard work guys and I'm totally digging the new layout and ability to embed more than just photobucket pictures and the ability to post a random sketch without having to resort to photobucket uploading it!
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Someone else mentioned this so I'm not alone - The "New" button does not take me to the newest posts since I read that thread. Instead, it starts at the first post all over again. Not too bad on new/short threads but those with 100+ pages and it's a real PITA.

I really do appreciate all the work you've done and I'm sure these relatively few issues can be resolved. I haven't implanted a pic yet but I know I'll appreciate that feature when I do. Hang in there - I know it'll all be worth it in the end.

My font size issues seem to have resolved - no clue why. So, for at least one of us, that's OK.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Someone else mentioned this so I'm not alone - The "New" button does not take me to the newest posts since I read that thread. Instead, it starts at the first post all over again. Not too bad on new/short threads but those with 100+ pages and it's a real PITA.

I really do appreciate all the work you've done and I'm sure these relatively few issues can be resolved. I haven't implanted a pic yet but I know I'll appreciate that feature when I do. Hang in there - I know it'll all be worth it in the end.

My font size issues seem to have resolved - no clue why. So, for at least one of us, that's OK.

Dan
                go into subscribed threads by clicking "quick links"...then look for the ones with a blue circle with 2 little triangles....that indicates activity since your last visit............click that circle, and it'll take you to the 1st newest post
                Last edited by groucho; April 17, 2011, 09:02 PM.
                STUGOTS

Comment

I've seen some complaints about not enough PM space. Seriously? Do you guys really need more than 1000?
                  when the new forum went online, the limit was 50, and some of us had a few hundred, our PM boxes were suddenly full, and PM didn't work at all. I think that's what the complaining was about?
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

stage1scott has his new avatar up. Progress!
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Cool, thanks Brian and Chad, you guys are the coolest!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've seen some complaints about not enough PM space. Seriously? Do you guys really need more than 1000? Get an email address man. They are free on GMail.

I hate PMs personally. I have several email addresses, a phone, and ears. If you can't get me on one of those three, you aint lookin hard enough. My phone number is everywhere. So is my email address. Feel free to use either one.

If you guys truly need more than 1000 PMs, we'll look into changing it. But you might want to think about why you have them. Next thing you know, your family will be on tv pulling 14 years of newspapers, 4 dead cats, and an entire Blockbuster worth of DVDs out of your house along with enough trash to fill the dump.

I had about 300 PM's from over the years, I cut it down to 14, basically the ones that had info I needed in them......You know like your phone number Chad.

I'm not thinking I need 1000, but 100 would be nice over the 50 that is given now.......

Comment

the envelope colors..
                          hot threads with new post is a lite red
                          hot threads with NO new post are lite red..
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ maybe it's me but, looking at the threads it's hard to know whats got new post and what does not when both use the same color...
                          threads with new post in the old board was a rich color.. and no post was a faded red..
                          now both are faded red..
                          how about a nice contrasting color from the all red that this new board is.. all the thread titles are red also..
                          it's one mighty white and red board... not good on the eyes not computer screens, I even dimmed my screens as my laptops allow that and it's still painfull after an hour..

50 p.m.s should be enough.. unless you don't read them
                          Last edited by Stich496; April 18, 2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

My font size was fine at home, but when I get on at work, all I see is midget-sized print. Some of it is so small I can't read it even with my face right against the screen. And I have 20/20 vision.
                            Still plays with trucks....

Comment

im having issues moving my mouse around with all the new things to click, could you make it so that theres less things to click or hire me a person to move the mouse for me at home
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X