A few shots from San Antonio IHRA 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few shots from San Antonio IHRA 2008

Multiply the barrels by about $600. More in the truck. They stopped to fill up two of the trucks in MO, $1800 of diesel.

I didn't get to ask, but it looks like a real Yenko.

What's cooler than having a Top Alcohol Funny Car?

Maybe your tow vehicle for your TAFC.

Love those promods. Didn't get many shots but there were a bunch of them.

Just cool graphics

Top Fuel - get ready

Warm up

Back 'em up in the groove

GO! - I see sparks, tune up must be spot on

To the moon! His shirt says "What could possibly go wrong..."

About that tune up...

I saw it all through the lens, but the !@#$# Canon stalled and wouldn't fire for a second.

I'd have got more, but I really wasn't supposed to be shooting up there anywho. One of these days, I'll nab some kind of press pass and get in front of those beasts. We spent part of Saturday down next to the rail by the starting line during pro qualifying. Access allowed provided the camera was bagged. When we went to dinner, we looked like diesel mechanics from all the rubber on us. Left rubber spots on the table at IHOP.

Night of Fire this Saturday at our track - now there I have the full run of the place. If I want to stand on the track in front of a jet dragster, I can. Should have some good pics from that next week.

Re: A few shots from San Antonio IHRA 2008

Cool pics.
    Thanks for sharing!
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

The quality of the paint work on those cars is staggering. Show type stuff that gets blasted by flying burnt rubber and exhaust fumes.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Reb....you're right.

Having hung out with virtually all the guys in those photos when I was a national event announcer for IHRA, they all take lots of pride in their hot rods. The alky F/C with the flame job of Terry Monroe is particularly cool because Terry owns a body shop and the paint on the thing is as close to flawless as you'll find on anything that repeatedly gets abused at 250 mph.

The best part is, if everything goes according to plan it looks like that at the last race of the season too! The stock car guys can't say that!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

NASCAR guys have reduced themselves to vehicle wraps for most everything now.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sadly most of the drag racing stuff is the same way.

The wraps are actually lighter than paint. The majority of Pro Stockers are wraps..lots of diggers and F/Cs are the same way.

Pro Mods still have it right in terms of the cars being named and being painted in all kinds of wild ways.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Reb....you're right.

Having hung out with virtually all the guys in those photos when I was a national event announcer for IHRA, they all take lots of pride in their hot rods. The alky F/C with the flame job of Terry Monroe is particularly cool because Terry owns a body shop and the paint on the thing is as close to flawless as you'll find on anything that repeatedly gets abused at 250 mph.

The best part is, if everything goes according to plan it looks like that at the last race of the season too! The stock car guys can't say that!

Brian
              He's lookin' good but Laurie put the whup on the whole AFC field come race day. That team had the Sunday Mojo.

Comment

Lack of sponsors? That's really cool. Sweet, sweet Pro Mods. Nothing has a meaner look to it than a decent Pro Mod.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                  Lack of sponsors? That's really cool. Sweet, sweet Pro Mods. Nothing has a meaner look to it than a decent Pro Mod.
                  I think a lot of these guys run out of their back pocket. Costs $8K or $9K to book a 8 ish+ ProMod show at a local track. ProMod guys are a different sort. "Pro" rounds at IHRA are Pro Stock, Top alcohol funny, ProMod, Top Fuel Funny and TF dragster. Watch forom the stands on Sunday and you'll see this general conduct: TFD - spin, out of groove - lift. TFF - blow off tires, move towards center - lift. TAF - haze tires, move to wall - lift. ProStock - tire shake, out of groove - lift. ProMod - haze tire, move to center, move to wall, tire shake - feather, steer and stab that bitch again. Promods should sell more sponsors on the doors because from the starting line you can usually see both doors on at least one car during a pass.

Comment

Got my chunky azz in the photos. See if this works

Green hat, white shirt by the wall over the O in Antonio. Wife is third to the left.

We take shots that good or better at the home track, and only charge $10. LOL.

Comment

Very cool pictures Falcon67, thanks for sharing them with us.

8)

Comment

Great pictures. I love the old Willy's style car. Thanks.
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

The Charger is Sick and that Firebird with the pinched nose is Cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X