I hate april!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate april!

Why? Well because just a week ago I was working in a T shirt and enjoying near 70F weather. Then the last four days it was 19F-22F and SNOWING. It does this to us every year and it always feels like winter is starting again, so it makes both the woman and I easily aggravated. Now today it is about 30F and sunny so its melting. Supposed to snow again tomorrow and the next day. AARRRRRRRGHGGGHGHGHG!!! I want to kill something.

On the bright side (literally and figuratively) it does make for interesting photographs. I shot one of the GTO and the paint looks awesome, even if it was shot on the shadow side. The glare from the snow lights up the lower half while the upper half is dark, and it really shows that metallic sheen.. Gives me ideas for when I take some serious pics of this thing with a nice sunrise behind it on the lake shore down the road. Just need to get a couple strobes hooked up to my camera and the ol Goat should look freakishly awesome.

STOP SNOWING ON ME!

The rest of the stuff in the yard looks interesting with the harsh light and strange glare angles too..

Haha, looks like that 6 inches of snow that hit us a week ago made it there?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It happens every year over here too..i have stopped wanting summer in April or may,and let the weather just be what it want to be.If i wanted good warm sun most of the year,i should move!!..I crossed one of the mountain passes here in 27th of may in 95..12 inches with snow..

Comment

high noon sun and snow.
        can relate.

even the length of the day is long, and still cold. will be complaining of heat sooner than later...maybe.

I did a headgasket in december, aluminum boxer. The wait is absolutely insane for clean hot chambers. A cast v8 as most are familiar with, spew the bad chambers for a short time no matter what time of year after the same repair.

I get mad at little things this time of year.. every year.

and I like that goat paint..
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

and I like that goat paint..
          Yep..me too.

Comment

Boy do I hear ya Todd! I don't have any cool shiney cars to look at to make myself feel better either.

I've shovelled snow on Easter - but I have no desire to repeat that experience!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              Boy do I hear ya Todd! I don't have any cool shiney cars to look at to make myself feel better either.

I've shovelled snow on Easter - but I have no desire to repeat that experience!
              Bring one up here and we will make it shiny... ;) I know how to do Mustangs and Cougars, so haul it up here.. But we should wait until the 65 is done and the 71 can be moved out of the shop again..

And thanks guys, I didnt think I would like that color, but since I have seen how it looked new, its pretty darn nice. Before all I ever saw was old oxidized crappy original paint
              Last edited by Thumpin455; April 18, 2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Snow in April is normal in da' U-P, LOL.
                Hell, it's normal here in Central Wisconsin. That said, I do need to get a good heater in my Garage to reduce the spring-time frustration.
                I moved within eye-shot of lake Michigan, so It stays cold here for an extra month too. If I go 30 miles (sometimes less!) west it can get up to 15/20 degrees warmer in the spring. So on marginal weekends we pack up and head west for the day.
                Last edited by mike343sharpstick; April 18, 2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Car cruise a week ago Saturday we were all in shorts and t's......temps high 80's

This past Saturday.......coats and freezing our asses off with
                  the wind blowing like crap...temps low 50's
                  About 20 cars showed
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Out by Janesville here. Last week it got into the 80's one day. I woke up to an inch of fresh snow this morning. It was gone by noon but still I'm friggin sick of snow!
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

And I think there is more on the way, ughh!

Comment

Don't say that!!!
                        Last edited by tedly; April 18, 2011, 05:58 PM.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

We just put the snow thrower away again, so it's gonna happen. Sorry.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

http://www.stormteam4.com/forecasts/7dayplanner/
                            I'm about ready to light myself on fire so I can be warm again.
                            Last edited by tedly; April 18, 2011, 06:33 PM.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Sorry, guys, but it's been in the high seventies to low ninties here for the last week or so. We did have one day last week that only made it to 62 but it was 91 here today and over 100 southwest of us 40-50 miles. Lovin' every minute of it!
                              Last edited by sedandelivery55; April 18, 2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X