Dropped Roscoe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped Roscoe.

Maybe I 'm too excited, or it's a lack of driving something I think is cool. Since selling my 90 Silverado, lowered a lot ,loud exhaust, I've been stuck driving a boring Nissan truck. My 84 GMC sits patiently in the shop waiting it's turn, but I need a lowered truck fix NOW!

So for $45.00 I dropped the boring Nissan. Cracked windshield, bent fender and it's lowered. I feel like a new man.

Also I thought I'd try this new board and posting pics.

For some reason unknown to me my little sister named the truck Roscoe.
    Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

lowered is good.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Cool. Blocks/cranked torsion bars?
      Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by ford141 View Post
        Cool. Blocks/cranked torsion bars?
        Yeah cranked the t-bars 3" and 3" blocks. The blocks were $35.00 and I had to buy a 19mm deep well 1/2" drive socket. I loosened the jam nut, and hit the adjusters with my impact gun, while my daughter stood by the fender, with a tape measure.
        Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Just an FTI, Lon. If you had a 3/4" deep socket you already had a 19mm deep. If not, you now have both a 19mm and a 3/4. My old Snap-On guy in MI said that this is the only metric/English size that Snap-On uses the same tooling for both.

Oh - and dropped is ALWAYS good! Does it make a difference coming off expressway ramps?

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; April 18, 2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Now you have to get the ass end on the ground and lose the down dog look. A couple hundred brick aught to do the trick.

I like the van. That needs the lowering.

Steve
            Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Ive owned a nissan but havent lowered on, I dont remember if there are 3 or 4 leaf springs on each side but on past foreign mini trucks, I pulled the 2 middle leafs and sometimes put the overload on top of the main leaf and bolted it all back together, no blocks and it would lower it 3-4 inches and also removed the bump stops completely. You can lower those trucks for free if you know all the little tricks, theres even the old flippin the ball joints trick too
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post
                Now you have to get the ass end on the ground and lose the down dog look. A couple hundred brick aught to do the trick.

I like the van. That needs the lowering.

Steve
                The boss gave me permission last night to lower the van. It will not be free or cheap, and I got to get the engine together in the GMC. So it will be a while, but it's going down. Everything at my house is lowered, even my daughter's Barbie PowerWheels Jeep.
                Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Dan, as of now it doesnt corner very well. I still have stock shocks on it, and it needs an alignment.

BOOGHAIR, I may try the leaf spring tricks, I plan on auto-xing the truck this summer, and hate the idea of those tall lowering blocks and trying to corner. I knew about the ball joint trick, I think it gains an inch of drop.
                  Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Working...
                  X