Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blog: Defending Donks, Bubbles, and Boxes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    I posted a comment on the blog. Waiting for approval

).
    WAITING ON WHAT..Approval..
    here come the censorship(or it's just a setting,they mistakenly set)your call

AS FAR as the donks/etc and the "some are butchered" SO WHAT..
    I remembered the cars in the mid 80's that us highschool had and the ones before us and after had..
    wiped out front ends from the air shocks in the rear on kill.. the poor brakes that couldn't stop the car as the fronts where marginal at best from the factory then with the car jacked in the rear forcing the fronts to do more of the stopping as the rears just locked up..
    I know that was then this is now
    and today we have rat rods.. cars that are so unsafe on so many levels.. I mean it's one thing to use a milk crate as a seat as your seat is being recovered, but not as "the" SEAT..
    BUT these get a little warmer welcome than the donks..

now I make not "get" so of the "subsets" in the car hobby.. but at least they are using them and building them..
    it be nice if they where safe.. and thats the yearly inspectors job.. if no inspections in that area.. then it'll fall on the local and state police (god help us)

most ricers and donks try to "act" the hip hop gangsta look/life.. but most would get "owned" if they were to hang in a city "project" area..
    it's a look they're into..
    no different than the rat rodders and rockabilly crowd that is a cross between the 50's greaser and a hillbilly with a tab of rocker tat's added for effect..
    the more things change the more they stay the same.. the looks have changed, but "following a trend" hasn't
    Like all subsets in the car hobby
    there was and always will be cars that are well built and cars that are all about the details, and then those that get the job done
    and was built with what they had to work with be it money or skill..
    I've seen more probuilt unsafe junk than the guy/gal in their driveway builds
    I just hope the donks are getting money for the ad space for the junkfood logo's that are on most of them..

Comment

They make about as much sense as building a new gasser,not to be confused with restoring a old one, its posing.it may look fast but wr habe better ways of moving the instant center for launching without the scary sky high handling on the top end.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        They make about as much sense as building a new gasser,not to be confused with restoring a old one, its posing.it may look fast but wr habe better ways of moving the instant center for launching without the scary sky high handling on the top end.
        gassers, another trend that should've died..
        lets take a car and make it handle like a mid duty truck and almost as high..
        no idea what the draw is.. but to each their own
        Last edited by Stich496; April 20, 2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I get it all the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10083100_2010725152956.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	854547Click image for larger version

Name:	1202010101605PM57491.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	854548

I get lumped in with the hip-hop scene all the time in my truck or I get the hey man do you have hydraulics. I have tried my best to make this truck more custom/hot rod than anything. I have not got to the motor yet still running the stock 2.2l (let the jokes begin
          ) just haven't had the money yet to upgrade yet. I guess it is a blessing since doing the Power tour with 4 bucks a gallon. I will say I do not understand the donk thing but respect anyone vision of their car.

Comment

Originally posted by low-psi View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]290[/ATTACH]

I get lumped in with the hip-hop scene all the time in my truck or I get the hey man do you have hydraulics. I have tried my best to make this truck more custom/hot rod than anything. I have not got to the motor yet still running the stock 2.2l (let the jokes begin
            ) just haven't had the money yet to upgrade yet. I guess it is a blessing since doing the Power tour with 4 bucks a gallon. I will say I do not understand the donk thing but respect anyone vision of their car.
            is that porterbuilt drop member stuff

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
              I cannot stand the big wheeled wonders. At all. Hate them. Don't respect them. I think any wheel company that makes anything bigger than a 20 should be fined. I have gone so far as to openly tell a wheel manufacturer at SEMA that they should feel personally responsible for the crap parked outside running their 30 inch wheels. And the tire companies that make the giant tires should be fined as well. Can't stand them. Seriously!!!

With that rant out of the way, it would be just as easy for the cops to be targeting someone for having skinny front runners or something, so we have to protect the hobby even if we don't particularly like this style of car. If they are truly unsafe, and some of them are, then prove it and move on. But impounding the car to make that determination seems backwards to me. Make the cop know what he's talking about.

If I had a quarter for every time that I got pulled over for a violation that wasn't, I would be able to buy a lot of dinner. Educating the cops on what they should know sucks.
              x2

couldnt of said it better myself
              formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
              http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

""If I had a quarter for every time that I got pulled over for a violation that wasn't,. Educating the cops on what they should know sucks."

sad ,when they have a computer right infront of them.. in the cruiser

Comment

Most of the guys driving Donks arent car guys, they are trend chasers. The could give a shit about SEMA or any lift, bumper height laws. Every one I see is poorly lifted, has mismatched bald tires, and takes 3 lanes to make a turn. In my hometown we have new loud stereo law, yesterday at one red light I heard at least 3 cars with loud stereos. To the guys driving Donks the law doesnt matter and getting stopped adds to their thug image.

We should protect our right to modifiy cars in any way we want, but if they endanger other drivers they should taken be off the road.
                  Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Low, I'm a minitrucker from back in the day, and never deny it. I dig your truck. Make sure you build yourself a garage with your photos and stuff in it too. I am still jonesing for having another mini. Laid out is the only way to go.
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Neat stuff.....what the heck does the bed mount to though?
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                        Low, I'm a minitrucker from back in the day, and never deny it. I dig your truck. Make sure you build yourself a garage with your photos and stuff in it too. I am still jonesing for having another mini. Laid out is the only way to go.
                        +10

lowpsi your truck is badass, I would drive that ANY DAY. You came to the right place when it's time to adddress the monkeymotion under the hood too!
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

pro street lives

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            Neat stuff.....what the heck does the bed mount to though?
                            Thanks, I have most of the bed cut out to show the frame work, but I left a little bit to mount it. I will build a garage and put some pics in it.

Comment

DONK CONDOM!!!!!!! WTF??!!???

Comment

Originally posted by ChampTrucking View Post
                                haha wonder if it's on bags so he can cruise in low and when he see's a hottie can let it rise

Comment

Working...
                                X