I don't like the new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like the new site

This site is hard to use now. Where is Posts since my last visit? Why do I have to remember where I was and scroll thru all the stuff I read to find something I havent read yet? Is it there and I don't see it? way harded....
    Cognizant Dissident

Why did I come here? Much harder.....and more work
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

It's really not THAT bad.

Comment

I think it's prob a question of becoming more familiar with the new format and reporting the things that irk so they can be fixed. I like the photo/vid posting enhancements...now that I've figured the former out. No more farting around with Photobucket.
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I still use photobucket..small pics when not..im having a hard time with gettin used to new things..guess im old.

Comment

I'm with STD. This place isn't half as cool since the change...
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

whom was on the beta testing anyways...

Comment

just click "new posts" top left hand corner

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  just click "new posts" top left hand corner
                  that only works if you looked at everything the last time you where here..
                  if I didn't read the "new" post in that thread the last time and left and come back it goes right passed those post and I have to backtrack

Comment

If you posted on a thread it automatically "subscribes" you to it. (or you can subscribe without posting by clicking "thread tools"). Click settings near the top right of your screen. Scroll down past your PM's and you'll see threads that you're subscribed to. The ones with activity since your last visit will show a small blue circle w/2 tiny white triangles. Click the very small blue circle with the tiny triangles and that will take you to the first new post. HOWEVER....it's been as bit on the fritz lately......
                    Last edited by groucho; April 21, 2011, 08:09 AM.
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Anyone recall when HRM changed its website format a few years ago?... Killed it.
                      Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Ok for you guys that are complaining about the threads and seeing the new responses, this is what I do. At the bottom of the General Discussion page, you will find the fields in the pic below. Set them like I set mine and the threads will be posted in order of newest post first. Yes it is that simple......

Also there are settings in the General Settings section that will set this up like this.......

Attached Files
                        Last edited by TC; April 21, 2011, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Clicking on New Posts, or Quick Links allows you to see the newest stuff and/or your subscribed threads.
                          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

All this new posts and stuff?.......I just get on the site
                            and start looking for shit.

My wife will shoot someone if this
                            forum ever goes away
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

MEH....i guess we have to get used to it..i REALLY don't like the LARGE blue envelopes at the left of every topic line...

time will tell...

(secretly preferred the old setup) ;)
                              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Working...
                              X