I don't like the new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
    Have anyone of you moved into a new home in your life or, just lived in your mothers basement your entire life ?

Good lord, it takes some time to unpack boxes and hang some pictures on the wall and make the bed ..

Give the fellas some time to make it comfy again , I think everyone should thank Brian and Chad for going to extra mile and trying to make it better for the long haul ..

Imagine the cost , the time, the effort .. and all everyone does is attack them ?

I know without a doubt they will make the site great, please encourage don't attack the efforts, the site is as good as the people involved ..

HELP them make it place where you want to be going forward .. That is my two cents,spend them wisely

Thanks to the mgt of the site for the expense,effort , time you spend for us to be together
    Please. If I wanted a sermon, I'd go to church.
    Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

All you guys that are crying like little babies can all STFU.......

Navigating this new forum is not that hard and posting is a lot easier than it was with the old forum.

Now saying that, not only did I have to learn this new forum, the internet browser I've been using for years has stopped support for it and I now have to switch to a new browser, which means I have to "manually" setup every site that I visit, because the new browser I have doesn't recognize my old browser so I can import my old settings.

So now, not only am I learning this new forum software, I have to learn a whole new internet browser to and you don't see me bitching about it, do you........

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
        isn't that pissa, I bookmaked indyshiftmans 700r4 rebuild, and now the link don't work..
        nice
        Use the search feature, find it again, bookmark it, what is it going to do take a minute to do??

Talk about being lazy.........

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve View Post
          I'm interested to know what was wrong with the old software and/or what's so good about this new software that prompted a change.

Anyway, without these threads, how else is the feedback going to get through to those who can do something about it? If we all said nothing, I'm sure it would be assumed that everyone is happy with the switch and no changes would be made.
          Steve I agree that they need input on what people don't like, but I fear that some people are just bitching to bitch without really giving the new software a chance.

I like the new format, it took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to setup everything up, I have had no problems other than getting into my Garage and that was because the browser I was using wasn't working right, it had nothing to do with the forum software, I switched to the Chrome browser and now everything works perfect.

Just like when you buy new software you have to make sure your computer is up to date. I remember buying a video game for my computer for it to tell me that my video card was not good enough to run the game, did I bitch because the game wasn't made to work with my video card?? Hell no I didn't, I went out and bought a new video card so I could play the game. This is where I feel the people that are bitching are having problems, their computers aren't updated or they are running some old ass browser, I hear people talking about IE7 and IE8, but the news flash is IE9 is out, so if your going to use an old ass browser don't expect everything to run like it would with the most up to date browser.

This is just another example of how people are afraid of Change and how they will fight for things to stay the same even if the Change is better for them........

Give it a chance people, it's really not that different than the old forum software, you just need to look past the cover..........

Comment

I've typed this here before, and I'm going to type it again. Now is a good time for it.

I was on another forum years ago, a forum for and about musicians. They would go bat shit haywire, as "musicians" tend to do, and get all geared up, veins bulging out on the screen at one another about absolutely nothing, and I'd type, "You have to cook chicken slow. If you cook chicken too fast, it'll burn on the outside and not be done on the inside. You have to cook chicken slow. Real slow."

The first time I tried that, they actually "got it" and things calmed down.

After that when things flared up again as they always did, all I had to do was type, "Slow. You gotta cook chicken slow."

So, slow. You gotta cook chicken slow.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The new format is fine, but it still lacks a critical element that ALL good sites have...
              A FAVORITES ICON!!!! Like this one I made a few years ago...

Click image for larger version

Name:	bangshift favicon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	854577

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                Use the search feature, find it again, bookmark it, what is it going to do take a minute to do??

Talk about being lazy.........
                t/c I did use the search.. everything of indyshiftman..
                it's 2 pages.. the reast is awol..
                but now you STFU I wasn't lazy I was looking for it for a NEW MEMBER LOOKING FOR 700R4 TECH AS i BOOKMARKED IT, AND WHEN THAT DIDN'T WORK i SEARCHED..
                GET OFF THY HIGH HORSE T/C.

Comment

Eh....it isn't as bad as DF's format switch effort(those of us that remember that timeframe, this beats the hell out of that mess).

Nowhere near as big a pain as HR's site, but then I haven't been there in a couple years at the least.

Hope this new deal works.

Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                    t/c I did use the search.. everything of indyshiftman..
                    it's 2 pages.. the reast is awol..
                    but now you STFU I wasn't lazy I was looking for it for a NEW MEMBER LOOKING FOR 700R4 TECH AS i BOOKMARKED IT, AND WHEN THAT DIDN'T WORK i SEARCHED..
                    GET OFF THY HIGH HORSE T/C.
                    Looky here what I found with a little searching around. The info is here if you're really wanting to find it. So I agree with Alex. Just search a little harder. It's not like it's cutting into your admin duties as you're here more than there.
                    Last edited by Pumpkin; April 23, 2011, 03:39 PM.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                      Looky here what I found with a little searching around. The info is here if you're really wanting to find it. So I agree with Alex. Just search a little harder. It's not like it's cutting into your admin duties as you're here more than there.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/blog/It-Cam...ep-Photos.html
                      Come on up Matt, there's plenty of room up on this high horse for you to.......

Comment

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/It-Cam...ep-Photos.html
                        I hit search,then advanced search then in the box for the members name typed in "indyshiftman" and at the top checked off post
                        and let it search..
                        2 pages and none from his 700r4 build up..
                        so stfu, it should've come up when looking for post of the auther of the thread and the one with 50+ post in that thread..
                        the new search is a "fail" and need to be fixed..
                        anyother board , everything that screen name posted would've come up..
                        not only that but most alow you to search threads "started by" and that option wasn't listed..
                        but even so. use'n the screen name search of post it should've come up..
                        as he has at least 50 post in that build thread..
                        Last edited by Stich496; April 24, 2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stich496;517182]I hit search,then advanced search then in the box for the members name typed in "indyshiftman" and at the top checked off post
                          and let it search..
                          2 pages and none from his 700r4 build up..
                          so stfu, QUOTE]

Isn't going to happen!

Matt

Comment

the search, should find every post from "indy"
                            "Isn't going to happen! " then the search isn't much of a search now is it.
                            Last edited by Stich496; April 24, 2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Mark, the blog and the forum are 2 different items as of right now. If you click on "home" at the top left corner of the page and search for Indyshiftman it'll pull it up.

Matt

Comment

Mark, the blog and the forum are 2 different items as of right now. If you click on "home" at the top left corner of the page and search for Indyshiftman it'll pull it up.

http://www.bangshift.com/index.php?i...jax_highlight1
                                thats fine, but indy posted the build in the tech forum and should come up in a search.. no? ? ?
                                Last edited by Stich496; April 24, 2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X