I don't like the new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
    thats fine, but indy posted the build in the tech forum and should come up in a search.. no? ? ?
    No, because it got moved to the blog. Different http// addy, and I guess they don't cross-link

I'm hearing the crickets again.
    Last edited by Pumpkin; April 24, 2011, 05:51 PM.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

The "Go To First New Post" icon always sends me to the #1 post on page 1.
      Just me?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve View Post
        The "Go To First New Post" icon always sends me to the #1 post on page 1.
        Just me?
        Nope. Try this, seems to work for me. Just above the "Title/Thread Starter" and almost all the way to the right is a Forum Tools button. Click on it and a drop down menu comes up, click on "Mark this forum read" and you should be good to go.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

new format =

Comment

Sorry gang. We know there are some hiccups, and we're working on them tirelessly. You asked for updgrades to the forums, and the only way to give you the features you wanted was by changing from SMF to VBulletin. We have a few growing pains, but we're getting them sorted out every day.

One thing that has been very helpful, and that some of you could use as guidance, are the folks who have had an issue and email us with the problem or suggestion rather than just bashing the fact that we have a problem.
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

When I was just lurking, I had no issues.

I never ran a site so I have no idea how/what it takes.

This year I desided to take alot more pictures of the projects we are working on, and post them around.

But with all of the projects we are working on, running a bussiness, and racing. I have little time for posting stuff. Or dealing with board to board quirks.

So far, I have been able to do it, but I went to put some stuff here it would not work like some of the other boards, so I spent some time figuring what it took, and got something up that was usable, but not as good, and as easy as other boards.

Maybe I am not doing it right, but the last thing I need is to spend time learning something I thought I knew how to do.

Not complaining about the site, I love the site for viewing, but can't get my stuff on here as easy as other places I am on.

Thanks for the effort, and I'm sure it will get there.
              Last edited by atomicsix; April 26, 2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Remember guys...you now have TWO ways to load photos. The first is just like you have always done. Using photobucket. To do this, click on the photo icon right above the reply window and it will ask for an image url, or you can go to your photobucket account and get the embed code right under your photo and insert that text right here in the reply window. Either of those options puts your photo right in the blog item just like the old forum, and just like any other forum in the world.

Option 2 is to click GO ADVANCED right under the reply window which gives you all the smilies and other options when replying. Click on the ATTACHMENT button, which looks like a paperclip JUST LIKE ANY COMPUTER OR EMAIL IN THE WORLD, and it will give you the option to attach photos from your computer directly. To do this, they need to be less than 2mb each. Easy easy easy.

Comment

TEST. Kind of a pain in the ass! I load the pic from "my pics" and it's tiny....I then click on the already posted picture to enlarge....edit the post by copy/paste for a normal size pic...then can't figure how to eliminate the original thumbnail. Seems like 9 steps now instead of 1 or 2.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by groucho; April 26, 2011, 03:52 PM.
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Testing...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00906.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	854614
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Seriously? The "small" photo is a thumbnail guys. Click on it and it opens in a pretty light box so that your photos look worth a shit.

There are no more steps than before!!!! It's either the same EXACT number of steps, or 1 single step.

Comment

Embedded photo directly into the post, using photobucket, just like before results in the photo below.

Small photo below, turns into big photo when you click on it. This one is done by clicking on the attachment icon and taking it directly from my computer.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can we widen the viewing area of the threads to get 800 pixels wide pics in there without side scrolling? Also, I click on the little "go to first unread post" in threads it always takes me to the first post when the system switched over. In short, it doesn't work for me at all, no matter which button I click on.

Is there a way to post pics directly, without photobucket, and without thumbnails?
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

We are widening the viewing area. We've said that already. It is happening. I promise.

We know the "unread posts", last posts visited, or whatever all that crap is doesn't work right. We are working on that too.

No, you can't post pics directly without them going into a thumbnail unless your computer is on the internet as a network computer that is public to the world and has it's own url. It doesn't, so you can't.

I don't know why nobody likes the thumbnails. They are way better than looking at all your photos stacked up in a forum post. At least to me anyway.

Comment

Very nice sunset Schtauffer, but I think the junk left the picture

Originally posted by dagenesta View Post
                              Testing...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]464[/ATTACH]
                              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                                Seriously? The "small" photo is a thumbnail guys. Click on it and it opens in a pretty light box so that your photos look worth a shit.

There are no more steps than before!!!! It's either the same EXACT number of steps, or 1 single step.
                                I'll still be forced into photobucket.. as I shoot at fine or raw, and resizing them all and having two sets of every photo takes up way to much hard disc..
                                or I shoot in a lower pixel , not gonna happen
                                it sounded great,, but it's off to photobucket for me

Comment

Working...
                                X