No announcement yet.

Was it worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This message is hidden because Stich496 is on your ignore list.
    Hell to the yeah. Lovin' this place even more.

I was in on the beta version and I pulled no punches testing the new board's features out. I told them what I liked and what I thought was ridiculous or stupid and needed changing. I tried to do dumb stuff just to put myself in noobs place and reported what I found.

I think you guys forget that this stuff is not free. I'm sure this upgrade to a new forum platform (which has a ROI of somewhere near ZERO) cost Brian & Chad a nice chunk of change. If you don't like it, GTFO we do not need to hear your bitchin' and whining. That's what I have employees for.
    Last edited by BBR; April 22, 2011, 08:22 AM.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Yeah it was worth it.

Still the same old place with some
      extra bells and whistles.

They worked hard to improve the site
      for us.......the users.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger View Post
        Hell to the yeah. Lovin' this place even more.

I was in on the beta version and I pulled no punches testing the new board's features out. I told them what I liked and what I thought was ridiculous or stupid and needed changing. I tried to do dumb stuff just to put myself in noobs place and reported what I found.

I think you guys forget that this stuff is not free. I'm sure this upgrade to a new forum platform (which has a ROI of somewhere near ZERO) cost Brian & Chad a nice chunk of change. If you don't like it, GTFO we do not need to hear your bitchin' and whining. That's what I have employees for.
        i think the sponsers are the ones that paid for it..
        and that cockie last line is what got the h/d board in trouble..
        the sponsers might read the threads and with x amount of "hits" a day would expect more post..
        as they know bots are hits that don't look at thier ad's, the ignore button will just turn people away..
        right now there are 500 guest and 162 members "viewing" the forum , but no post/thread movment..
        if I can see that so can gearvendors/msd/etc

take it for what it's worth oh thats right you more than likely cant as I'm on your ignore list.

I'm out, good luck Chad and Brian..
        Last edited by Stich496; April 22, 2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Seems like for someone who
          doesn't have a dog in the hunt ......you're
          getting yourself all worked up for nothing.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I think I'm pretty much used to it. I just need to figure out how to fix it so the thread counts don't dissapear off the right side of the screen.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I LOVE the new site. It takes a little bit to get used to it but so far I have been able to do everything without too much trouble.
              Take it from a NOOB( I haven't been here long) the old site was just as hard to get used to. But once you get used to it, everything is gravy.
              I really don't have a horse in this race, but I think the sponsors understand that there will be quirks for a little while. And I think we as users, should expect some quirks while they upgrade.
              Just my
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

I've been around since the Carjunkie days, I'm used to change. I like the new board so far, but do hate having to resize all my photos.

Comment

Have anyone of you moved into a new home in your life or, just lived in your mothers basement your entire life ?

Good lord, it takes some time to unpack boxes and hang some pictures on the wall and make the bed ..

Give the fellas some time to make it comfy again , I think everyone should thank Brian and Chad for going to extra mile and trying to make it better for the long haul ..

Imagine the cost , the time, the effort .. and all everyone does is attack them ?

I know without a doubt they will make the site great, please encourage don't attack the efforts, the site is as good as the people involved ..

HELP them make it place where you want to be going forward .. That is my two cents,spend them wisely

Thanks to the mgt of the site for the expense,effort , time you spend for us to be together
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post

Imagine the cost , the time, the effort .. and all everyone does is attack them ?
                    And lack of nooky
                    Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      And lack of nooky

Those two fellas have great counter parts , I bet they found time to release the stress
                      sigpic

Comment

every site i am on is bulletin. i sort of liked how it was different form the rest. i use photobucket for every thing because i am on so many sites that the built in photo storage is moot. in bedded video is nice though

one thing i do miss is the blog forum (or what ever it was called) made posting comments to the main page articles easier. now i have to sign in each time i want to leave a comment on an article
                        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                        X