Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksj2
    replied
    Come on guys 67 views and no replies?Steve's a helluva a guy and good friend.Hes one of those people that you meet once and he always remembers you and you remember him.Likes chevy's but I can overlook that.LOL! Ron,I get paid on the 30th and count me in for a "C" note.He would do it for me.-Don

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied
    Kellie sent me a pic of the inside of Steve's trailer. Ugh! What a mess. I am really glad it wasn't worse.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	steves trailer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	854565

Leave a comment:

• Help a local Topeka racer and all-around good guy, Steve Day

Folks, I try to post stuff that pertains to Heartland Park Topeka on the HPT thread, but this goes above and beyond the scope of just the Topeka area.

A longtime fellow racer and friend of mine was injured badly in a fire at Heartland Park Topeka this past weekend. Steve Day, owner and operator of Absolute Machine in Topeka, was selling racing fuel at the HPT.COM Motor Speedway last friday night. While filling a customer's fuel jug with VP inside his trailer, a static spark ignited the fuel. In an effort to move the fuel jugs out of the trailer to avoid an exlposion, Steve sloshed burning fuel over much of his body.

He was taken to the KU Medical Center Burn Unit in KC where he stayed until he was released on Mon evening. Steve has burns on his hands, arms, neck and face. He has surgery on this upcoming Monday for skin grafts on his arms. His hands are bandaged and he can only use two fingers to text messages to his freinds on his phone.

Steve does have major medical insurance, which will catch most of the cost of the medical bills, but Steve is now out of work and has to pay for gas, tolls, meals and such going back and forth to Kansas City for treatments.

I don't do this often, and when I do, I mean it. I am asking for help, folks. Steve is one helluva great guy and can use some help with the huge bills that will be coming his way. Along with fellow drag racing buddy, Kellie Long, we have put together the Steve Day Fund at Community National Bank in Topeka. We are accepting donations on Steve's behalf and can be reached by email or phone or you can donate directly to the fund via the bank at these locations:

Steve Day Fund
    Community Bank
    PO Box 4876
    Topeka KS 66604

Steve Day Fund
    c.o Community National Bank
    5431 SW 29th
    Topeka KS

Steve Day Fund
    Holliday Square Branch
    2909 SW Topeka Blvd
    Topeka KS

Steve Day Fund
    North Topeka Branch
    801 NW 25th
    Topeka KS

I can be reached at 785-249-2227 or via email @ [email protected]

Kellie can be reached @ [email protected] If you would like her phone number, please contact me. She is a bit shy about posting it online and I understand.

I appreciate any help as I am sure Steve will too.

Name:	n1318307132_450052_4774862.jpg
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	877211

Name:	19863_1344202247958_1318307132_981319_6868599_n.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	877210

Thanks,

Ron Ward