Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldsman71
    replied
    ill see what I can scratch up around here Ron!! first time ive seen this thread prayers for his continued recovery

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied
    You're awesome, Ed. I will tell Kellie to keep her eyes open. Thanks a bunch!

Ron

Leave a comment:

• fast Ed
    replied
    Good to hear his recovery is progressing well. I have a few bucks in my PayPal account again, I am going to make another donation to the cause.

cheers
    Ed N.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied
    Thanks for asking, Ed. After his initial skin graft procedure, Steve fought infections for about a month. Once the doctors got him straightened out with an antibiotic that worked with his system, he started healing up really well. Other than a bit of redness, you really can't tell his face was burned. I can't believe the job they did on his arm. He has pretty much full mobility with it and the skin grafts look great. Unless you really look closely, it is tough to tell he had a procedure done.

On the other hand, however, he was off work so long that the bills have really piled up. We have been passing the hat at the racetrack to raise some funds to help him with the day to day expenses until he can get his shop back up and operating at full speed. Hopefully, that should be soon.

Steve's in really good spirits, and I want to thank all the folks who helped out with thoughts and prayers as well as with monetary donations. It is really cool seeing everybody chip in and help someone out. You folks are the best!

Ron

Leave a comment:

• fast Ed
    replied
    Ron, any update on Steve's condition?

cheers
    Ed N.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDad View Post
    I sent a donation using the gift option so there is no paypal charges .

Ron, has this been posted at Yellow Bullet or the HAMB if not, may I link it to this thread ?
    Kellie just sent me an email notification of your generous donation. Thank you VERY much! We really appreciate it.

No, I have not posted on YB or HAMB as I am not a member of either of those forums. I'd feel kinda flaky posting stuff like this on forums without being a member. If you would like to post a link, it would be way cool.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• BigDad
    replied
    I sent a donation using the gift option so there is no paypal charges .

Ron, has this been posted at Yellow Bullet or the HAMB if not, may I link it to this thread ?
    Last edited by BigDad; April 30, 2011, 08:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied
    Folks,

Kellie was nice enough to set up the PayPal account for those of you who would like to donate to the Steve Day fund. Here are Kellie's instructions for anyone who would like to make a contribution via PayPal:

"For those that would like to donate to the Steve Day Fund via Paypal, log in to your paypal acct and there is a tab at the top "send money". The address you will need to use is [email protected] and the name is Steve Day Fund and follow prompt from there to complete transaction. Thank you very much to everyone for being patient. Please reach into your pockets to help out Steve..he is very much in need of financial help. Thank you!"

We appreciate all the help thus far. During the race at the Heartland Park Topeka dirt track last Saturday night, had several donation jugs set up around the track and the racers and fans were very generous. Also, on a weekly basis, HPT has a 50/50 drawing where people buy a chance for a buck apiece to win half the money taken in. Heartland Park generally keeps the other half of the pot, but last week, HPT donated its share of the pot and Raymond Irwin, the owner of HPT, matched the HPT donation with money out of his own pocket.

Thanks folks! Steve appreciates this as do we!

Ron

Leave a comment:

• BigDad
    replied
    I will donate , let me know when there is a paypal addy, and you can do it as a gift so they don't take a fee

Leave a comment:

• fast Ed
    replied
    That's what someone here did a while back when Spidey needed our help ... pretty easy way for us to send the money, and you don't have to worry about waiting for cheques to clear the bank.

Keep us posted ...

cheers
    Ed N.

Leave a comment:

• PatricksDad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
    I'm in and I think a paypal account would a great way (and easier) for a lot of us. The first part of next week I'll be able to throw some $$$ his way so hopefully you'll have it set up by then.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Bamfster
    replied
    I'm in and I think a paypal account would a great way (and easier) for a lot of us. The first part of next week I'll be able to throw some $$$ his way so hopefully you'll have it set up by then.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
    Ron, is there anything set up so that we could make a donation via PayPal? If not, I can get a money order from my U.S. dollar account at the bank.

thanks,
    Ed N.
    Ed,

Thanks! We appreciate it. You brought up a great idea with the PayPal thing. Let me talk with Kellie (she's the brains of the outfit) and see if we can hook that up.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• Stich496
    replied
    I would if I could, if this is still up when I get off med leave from work I'll help out,
    wish I got that type support.
    good luck with it

Leave a comment:

• fast Ed
    replied
    Ron, is there anything set up so that we could make a donation via PayPal? If not, I can get a money order from my U.S. dollar account at the bank.

thanks,
    Ed N.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X