I'm Pretty Sure This Guy's an Idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Pretty Sure This Guy's an Idiot

I'm a real crawl-under-the-bed-weather-wimp, as you all know, but I think this guy's a huge step in the other direction. I mean, really.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

he seemed confident.

I have only seen a couple.. only one in maine (recorded it). The mystery that got me was what I thought the funnel of wind was... it did not match the location of it. I was driving through, sun out after it had crossed the road.. and felt "it" tug at the car.. leaves hovering in a vacuumed place as I drove through. engine started rapping... a couple of quarts oil disappeared in seconds that followed.

you can focus on the funnel.. but that may not be exactly where its at, or all of the storm. I'd be some far away and waiting quite some time afterwards before moving on...
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That does seem to be a special kind of stupid..

Comment

It wasnt a big one, houses werent exploding. Not much more than a whirlwind, barely even a shingle shaker. So why get upset or freak out? Just watch it go by, there isnt much you can do anyway if it were larger and you are in the middle of nowhere. Now if trees were getting ripped out and the house lost its roof, and cars were flying, then yeah he would be an idiot. As it was, it was just kinda interesting, and all he had to do was move a piece of tin.

Comment

I was seriously emotionally damaged by the Wizard of Oz movie as a kid. The fake scene of the tornado coming. I have nightmares about tornadoes whenever I'm under stress. The shrink doctor I'm sure would say it's a manifestation of your stress...but it's always the same theme in the dreams. Tornadoes coming, two or three at a time. Vivid, so realistic I wake up screaming sometimes (only when I'm under a lot of stress).

A great friend of mine said the Oz movie ruined him, too. But it wasn't the tornado. It was the Wicked Witch and the Flying Monkeys. That's his recurrent nightmare.

Damn that movie.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X