I wonder if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if....

The first person to say "Anything is possible", ever tried nailing jello to a tree?
    Last edited by 1trickpony; April 22, 2011, 10:54 AM.
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
    The first person to say "Anything is possible", ever tried nailing jello to a tree?
    Getting toothpaste back into the tube is pretty hard to do, too.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Unless its the night before April 1st, and you are using a big syringe to fill the tube with sour cream......

Guess that not really putting toothpaste back in though is it?
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        Unless its the night before April 1st, and you are using a big syringe to fill the tube with sour cream......

Guess that not really putting toothpaste back in though is it?
        How'd that go over? Photos?

Comment

No photos, too hard to run and shoot pictures at the same time. Wife never said anything actually - I am still sleeping rather lightly, as my fear is too great for deep sleep.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Might should stick to farting in bed and fluffing the covers. It doesn't require any hardware.

Comment

...or they ever managed to lick there own ear.

Somehow I am seeing some flaws in this "infamous quote"
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

"That dog don't hunt" is another classic, and at least that one is measurable. I mean, he will, or he won't. If he won't he don't. That's Southern for some story somebody made up that doesn't at all add up.

And then there's, "I don't have a dog in that hunt," Southern for I'm not involved in whatever situation there is going on.

But I've always wondered, if that dog dont hunt, and you DO have that particular dog in the hunt...do you really have a dog in the hunt at all?

Comment

Hey- don't knock the saying. I was once teaching a 9 yo brat to ski. He had a defeatist attitude and was so focused on how he couldn't do it he had stopped listening to input. So I then drop the "you can do anything you put your mind to" line. The next half hour he was so busy trying to tell me that that saying was wrong and telling me all the thing you couldn't do, he didn't realize that he was skiing on his own till I pointed it out.

Comment

Wow, that is such a good example, and it's so true.

Anything IS possible, to a physical point. I'm 5 feet 7 inches. I will never be able to dunk a basketball, but Spud Webb did, at the same height.

I was told by the coach I was too little and too slow to play team ball back in the days when you could actually get cut from the team, and that was tough to deal with - reality. So in my own way I figured out what to do. I rode my bicycle. That's not a team sport. Nobody could stop me from doing that. I rode it a long, long way.

So maybe anything IS possible, but it might not be the thing you're thinking about to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                    X