No announcement yet.

Your epicly underrated favorite rock song thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm seeing HUGE generational differences - interesting. Greatest rock song ever - I'm thinking Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Big Momma Thornton (did the original version of "Hound Dog", which IS a woman's song if you think about it) - folks like that. A lot of you are thinking Kiss and Whitesnake. Not saying it's wrong, just generational. Interesting.

Dan

Comment

One of the best songs from 1980 that didn't get nearly enough airplay.

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        I'm seeing HUGE generational differences - interesting. Greatest rock song ever - I'm thinking Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Big Momma Thornton (did the original version of "Hound Dog", which IS a woman's song if you think about it) - folks like that. A lot of you are thinking Kiss and Whitesnake. Not saying it's wrong, just generational. Interesting.

Dan
        thats because it IS a generational difference..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        R&R was built to piss off the parents. of the young'n. most parents hated their kids elvise/etc..
        and I hated most of my parents 50's rock..
        but the late 70's-early 80's it lost any meaning of the times, that kids could relate to..
        I always liked some of the music before my time, but the relate to most of it.. nope..
        but kiss /etc it was about as clear as day for a teen, party,have a goodtime ,stand up for yourself and get some, somethin' somethin'
        I mean come on to a teen.. "r'n'r all night party every day.. is clear talkin to a teen.. "sorry mom.". HA
        BESIDES I was more a great balls of fire when it comes to the early rock..

Comment

Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

The Fixx - Deeper And Deeper.

The song is the longer version of "Deeper and Deeper" by The Fixx. The video is some Aeon Flux anime from the 90's put together by some unknown poster that I...
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Michael Nesmith - Crusin

Comment

Time Wasters...
                    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

whitesnake was a serious blues/rock outfit before the 1987 hair band extravaganza ...Whitesnake are an English rock band, founded in 1977 by David Coverdale after his departure from his previous band, Deep Purple. The band's early material has been compared by critics to Deep Purple, but by the mid 1980s they had moved to a more commercial heavy metal style
                      come and get it
                      slide it in
                      ready and willing

Comment

Comment

I'm sure you're right but it's hard to think that there's a connection between Deep Purple and Whitesnake. I guess people and times change.

Dan

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          whitesnake was a serious blues/rock outfit before the 1987 hair band extravaganza ...Whitesnake are an English rock band, founded in 1977 by David Coverdale after his departure from his previous band, Deep Purple. The band's early material has been compared by critics to Deep Purple, but by the mid 1980s they had moved to a more commercial heavy metal style
                          come and get it
                          slide it in
                          ready and willing

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X