The Best Blues Song Ever Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this: http://youtu.be/IexXTBYyjgI

This is Andy Poxon, maybe 15yrs old in this video.
    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEC4OklodzA

Big Bill Broonzy, "Key to the Highway"

Matt

Comment

[QUOTE=DanStokes;543024]Tim - How's Berkley?

Berkley's good, comming up this way anytime soon?
        Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

We'll be in Royal Oak in August to spoil the Grands. I'll PM you when I have the dates.

Dan

Comment

Cool, see ya then.
            Tim
            Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Originally posted by Rustymachine View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEC4OklodzA

Big Bill Broonzy, "Key to the Highway"

Matt
              That's some good stuff right there!

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I went to see Experience Hendrix a few years ago and one of the last songs was Hey Joe. Buddy Guy was supposed to sing the second verse and he messed up and started to sing the first verse again. When he realized he made a mistake and couldn't remember what he was supposed to sing he said "can somebody help me" kinda laughing. Noah Hunt stepped right up and bailed him out...it was pretty funny
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Speaking of Buddy Guy, a long time ago the was a club called 'My Mothers' Place in washington dc. Every wednesday night Roy Buchanen would play and they'd charge a $1 at the door. Buddy Guy used to come and listen, i heard that hendrix came to listen once, nils lofgren would watch and listen, the only guy that i remember settin in with roy was Danny Gattin. And then years later they both committed suicide (a few years apart) just a few miles from each other.
                  Buddy Guy was pointed out to me a couple of times, the club was small and the stage in a corner. Against the opposite wall was an old upright piano, i'd get my beer when i'd first get there and make my way to that piano and crawl up on top and couldn't come down until closing time - it was that packed. Nobody ever managed to capture roy in the studio but he was one of the best ever to play. I could watch his fingers, extremely long and it was like he was double jointed as his fingers could bend backwards stretching strings in impossible ways.
                  That was some goood music.
                  A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

"It may sound funny but it's true...I think I'm better off with the blues"
                    "I truely loved ya, no one above ya, but now i'm walkin away"

The blues helped me thru some tough times.....
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                    X