• Show
Clear All

• 348-409 Forum goes VBulletin

Must've happened this week.

Anyway...all the stuff I learned on the bangshift
    switch over
    gave me a head start over there.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

There'sa forum for those old truck motors?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      There'sa forum for those old truck motors?
      Ha!

Goliath wants one
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

You are 100% correcto on that! I was thinking the other day that the truck would be truly epic with a 409, the SM420 and a Gear Vendors.

Check this....

There is a 1966 C50 about 2 miles from my house sitting at a really rough looking home. It has the grille lettering and Chevy emblem I need for Goliath. It is a rack body flat bed truck. I'm going to drop by there tomorrow (in Goliath) on my way home from work to see if he'll sell me the grill stuff. If that truck has a W motor in it, I'm going to try to buy the whole thing. My wife gave me the green light as long as the "new" truck is out of the yard by the end of the summer, so it'll be parted out. Even if it has the 2-speed rear, I may try to score it.

Brian

Comment

i know a guy who started out with a truck cab and some other parts laying around and threw them all together...........

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
            i know a guy who started out with a truck cab and some other parts laying around and threw them all together...........

Awesome!
            Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              You are 100% correcto on that! I was thinking the other day that the truck would be truly epic with a 409, the SM420 and a Gear Vendors.

Check this....

There is a 1966 C50 about 2 miles from my house sitting at a really rough looking home. It has the grille lettering and Chevy emblem I need for Goliath. It is a rack body flat bed truck. I'm going to drop by there tomorrow (in Goliath) on my way home from work to see if he'll sell me the grill stuff. If that truck has a W motor in it, I'm going to try to buy the whole thing. My wife gave me the green light as long as the "new" truck is out of the yard by the end of the summer, so it'll be parted out. Even if it has the 2-speed rear, I may try to score it.

Brian
              Funny you mention the truck and motor.

I'm waiting to hear back from a guy just North
              of me with a 409 truck motor.
              It was in his salvage yard truck.

If price is right...I'm gonna bring it home and
              set it in the hobby room.

Hope it's a good score for you.
              Thom

Comment

I have this dream of putting a New Chassis under the '58. World make a 409 block now.
                A '58 wagon with twins on an aftermarket 409 block, and using the hi beams as inlets...
                58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Hellacious!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    Awesome!
                    Birmingham, Alabama last summer on PT -
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                    X