• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50's Car Quiz

You might've seen this before.

Does make you think the more you
    get into it.

Identify cars from the 1950s, back when cars had personality and you didn't have a console between you and your girl.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

44/48 = 92%

I'm pretty terrible at ID'ing oddball stuff so I think I lucked out here given all the popular cars featured. The Savoy/Coronet and the Willys Aero/Kaiser Manhattan were the ones that got me.

Comment

46 of 48 ..I got burned on the Willys Aero/Henry J

Originally posted by Darren N. View Post
      44/48 = 92%

I'm pretty terrible at ID'ing oddball stuff so I think I lucked out here given all the popular cars featured. The Savoy/Coronet and the Willys Aero/Kaiser Manhattan were the ones that got me.
      Last edited by tcbnj; April 23, 2011, 08:40 AM.
      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

3 wrong. I get tossed on Dodge/Desoto/Chrysler/Plymouth group
        STUGOTS

Comment

40 out of 48.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Not to brag or nothin' but I ACED it! I was alive and saw these rolling on the road regularly. Also, Dad worked for Kaiser-Fraser so we had those in the driveway frequently when they let him take one home. Once in a while he'd bring a Kaiser Golden Dragon - absolute top of the line. It had power windows and seats and (get this) AIR CONDITIONING! That was very rare back then - like 1952 or so.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Not to brag or nothin' but I ACED it! I was alive and saw these rolling on the road regularly. Also, Dad worked for Kaiser-Fraser so we had those in the driveway frequently when they let him take one home. Once in a while he'd bring a Kaiser Golden Dragon - absolute top of the line. It had power windows and seats and (get this) AIR CONDITIONING! That was very rare back then - like 1952 or so.

Dan
              I figured you'd be at the
              top of the class

Speaking of cars being brought home...I remember
              my dad test driving a '55 Mercury.

He brought it home over night (the way they test
              drove cars back then)....it was black and it was cool.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I aced it too. I guess I need to get out less often.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I enjoyed this quiz, it was challenging. I had to think pretty hard on some of them, but got them all right except I missed the 52 Merc.

Comment

Missed out on the 52 and 54 Merc...others was correct..and im born i 66..

Comment

43 of 48

Comment

Good job, BT - I'm impressed. Not only have you done well on these Ameriacn beasts, I'll wager you have a head full of Borg-Wards, DKWs and the like. All in all, I'm guessing you cold stomp my buttocks on an overall, international car ID contest.

Dan

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                        Missed out on the 52 and 54 Merc...others was correct..and im born i 66..
                        Last edited by DanStokes; April 25, 2011, 07:58 AM.

Comment

45/48
                          the all mopar group got me

Comment

You know what they day, those mopars all look alike. I spent some time figuring it out, I was surprised I got it right. Mercs took a little while too. The rest of the quiz was easy.
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

43 of 48. I got burned on the Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto one too. I got one right on that one, and then got the Willys and Kaiser backwards.
                              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                              X