Goliath Feats of STRENGTH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goliath Feats of STRENGTH!

Ok, so this is the thread I'll use to throw some photos up of ol' Goliath doing neat stuff.

Today...rainy saturday...had to work....took the truck....had a forklift....lots of weight....hmmmm.

I would have thrown a fourth one one but I woulda smashed into the lights.

Yes, that's 3 tons (6,000lbs). With a straight face I can tell you that the bumper dropped a MAX of 3 inches with all the weight loaded into the bed.

DO NOT TRY THIS WITH YOUR WEENIE ONE TON!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; April 23, 2011, 11:37 AM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

WOW! I can dig it. We put about a half ton on Bubba the Truck (stock F-150) one time and he took it, but I was amazed that I could stand beside him and look DOWN into the bed.

Goliath is one stout beast!

peedub
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It just may ride smooth with that load in the back. Put some old school Scott's logos on it and send a pic to HQ, maybe they will use it in an add somewhere, ya never know.

Or you could get fired for F-ing off and taking chances with OSHA safety at work : )
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Caption this photo- " how much "lawn to be" can your truck haul smart ass?"
        Last edited by mustang13; April 23, 2011, 09:42 AM.
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13 View Post
          It just may ride smooth with that load in the back. Put some old school Scott's logos on it and send a pic to HQ, maybe they will use it in an add somewhere, ya never know.

Or you could get fired for F-ing off and taking chances with OSHA safety at work : )

I was thinking same thing. I drove in a similar setup a long time ago, gas engined... 10000 pounds of hand stacked logs was the goal...13000 on the scale. Interesting when real numbers show up. It met it's match then. all of it was willing, until the drive down the leaning backroads of maine. it was kinda scary. manual brakes to boot.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I know "showing off" when I see it. That's abrupt. That's in-your-face showing off, yes it is. And planned and staged at that.

I love it!

Comment

You're right Peewee....it was pretty neat. I'd like to see what it would look like with six of 'em in there.

Comment

Strap the pallets down and do some wheelie pics for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  You're right Peewee....it was pretty neat. I'd like to see what it would look like with six of 'em in there.
                  if it fits, I think it could. move it around on level ground...one lean, oh man. I am not looking.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    You better put some on the other side of the axle.......... I bet the front of that truck is real lite right now.......

Comment

Most everybody here is too young to remember Dizzy Dean, baseball pitcher turned commentator, but he'd say, "It ain't braggin' if you can DO it."

Comment

Nothing like being limited by the ceiling =D
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The bed mounts are in better shape than the old rusty cab mounts were... right?
                          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                            The bed mounts are in better shape than the old rusty cab mounts were... right?
                            If not, will he post pics of the carnage??
                            Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

The "bed mounts" are the two 4x4 beams that sit on top of the frame. The bed it attached to those. Pretty sure I'd blow the tires apart before we got to that failing point.

It sat like you see in the photos for about 30 seconds. Enough for me to zap the photos and hop back on the fork truck to take the pallets down.

Comment

Working...
                              X