"BangShift Approved" TV Shows??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...Desert Car Kings?!?!?!?!

A 20 year old Prius mechanic knows more about cars than those guys. Wow. I can't even watch it. Daphne and I watched 1.5 episodes and when she said, "These guys don't know shit about cars" I knew it was time to change the channel. In the episode we watched the owner of the company actually said " I didn't know Studebaker made trucks". Wow, my 10 year old knows that, and he's not that into cars. Freiburgers kid can name every make and a lot of models too. And he's not yet 3!

Wow, I love you man, but the Desert Car Kings one kills me. Sorry.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

4 pages in and no one has mentioned 'Top Gear'?
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post

A 20 year old Prius mechanic knows more about cars than those guys. Wow. I can't even watch it. Daphne and I watched 1.5 episodes and when she said, "These guys don't know shit about cars" I knew it was time to change the channel. In the episode we watched the owner of the company actually said " I didn't know Studebaker made trucks". Wow, my 10 year old knows that, and he's not that into cars. Freiburgers kid can name every make and a lot of models too. And he's not yet 3!

Compared to Dancing with the Stars, and all that other crap on TV - it's the lesser of many evils and better than nothing.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm supprised that nobody has mentioned big bang theory. I laugh my a@@ off.
          Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

I get the feeling that those guys aren't really "car" guys. They're just moving junk, they would be just as happy selling water heaters. Still sometimes you get to see some nice junk out in the yard, and the resto's can be semi cool.

Comment

The Desert Car Kings thing is pretty lame from my perspective. Sometimes it's the LOP (Least Objectionable Program) so ME and I will tune in. Mostly I like seeing the shots of the stuff in their yard - drool-inducing, for sure. All the old stuff in NC is long gone and the stuff in MI was long since reclaimed by Mother Nature.

One of REALLY weird things is that they claim to "restore" a car and never even pull the heads off a junkyard motor that they bolt in. Or if they do it doesn't get air play. Seems VERY strange - maybe they figure their average viewer isn't interested in such "trivia" - or they don't do anything as long as the vehicle moves under it's own power. Maybe we're not "average" viewers?

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; April 27, 2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Same here really on Desert Car kings, I just like seeing the yard, I cant imagine having all that cool old stuff still .Very rare to see something here in NY like that. What I dont understand is why dont they redo stuff in their yard rather than go buy it?

Comment

I don't watch it for the people, I watch it for the cars and the junkyard. I know they're more about the money (and the drama) than the cars. Take the Charger for instance. If one of us found it and it was engineless, a 440 would have found it's way in there so fast it wouldn't have been funny. They drop in a lo-po 383. Seriously??
                  Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Working...
                  X