motherf**king gas prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
    Do you guys know where the oil produced in our country goes? It doesnt go directly to us. Our largest oil field in Alaska, Prudhoe Bay, sends its oil to Japan. Not much if any goes to the USA. The oil pumped out of the gulf goes on the world market and even if it is produced here, it usually isnt sold here. Its about the highest price for it. Also a new oil field takes about ten years to start producing enough to make a difference, how high will prices go in those ten years while we wait for the oil to end up on the world market, and probably be sold to China? They will just sell our oil to whomever will pay the most for it, and usually that isnt us.

A different president wont help it, certainly not a big business oriented type. Its not the people concerned about the environment that are making prices go up, its the demand and diminishing supply. China uses as much as we do now and that is causing the demand to go up far faster than supply could ever hope to keep up, even if we drilled here ten years ago. You can have my share of gasoline though, I dont need it. When it hits $5 or goes even higher then maybe you will see me cruising around in my GTO with its 500hp engine and fuel costing me a few bucks a tank then you might start to think differently.

So sure, drill here, wait ten years, and have the oil go to China. Resist anything else we could possibly produce here, because oil is the only thing we can use. I feel for you, but I will not be joining you. I like my engines to last when I build them.

you're alky that is home brewed..
    what is the yearly taxes on that land it's taking you to make the raw material. then all the other expences that are needed to boil out your hooch..
    storage tanks ext..
    don't know where your at but land taxes are a killer here..
    besides the fact that you can't legally make moonshine(you are limited on how much you can make legally) as the tax man is bypassed, I'm sure they'll see home fuel the same way..

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
      Interesting article about how much cheaper gas can be

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/25/big-oil-2010/

This is why I say there needs to be "Limits or Caps" on the amount of money a Corporation can make. I mean do you really need to "Profit" 45 Billion Dollars??, how about a 10 Billion Dolllar cap and anything over that goes back into the economy so the rest of us can get our hands on it.

Aren't there laws about "hording money"??

Comment

Their take, and I agree with it, is no one helped them out when they were damn near bankrupt, so why shouldn't they be able to hoard/save money? Why do you think we had a bunch of oil company mergers in the late '90's? They were burning through cash quicker than an automaker because oil was under $10 a barrel. And $10 billion is a tiny number if you are looking to save cash to buy other assets, they couldn't even buy out a second tier (or maybe third tier) oil company with that, heck doesn't BP have $20 billion in escrow on the Deep Horizon catastrophe? That'd put a ton more jobs at risk if the cost of an incident like that wiped the company clean. Or if they wanted to expand into or develop another buisness market and be meaningful, especially if they decided they wanted to go into green energy since it's proven they all require large capital investments.
        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 26, 2011, 10:31 AM.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          This is why I say there needs to be "Limits or Caps" on the amount of money a Corporation can make. I mean do you really need to "Profit" 45 Billion Dollars??, how about a 10 Billion Dolllar cap and anything over that goes back into the economy so the rest of us can get our hands on it.

Aren't there laws about "hording money"??
          I have no issue with a corp making record profits, but when they are getting government grants , and tax breaks, there should be a limit,pass that limit you loose the grants,tax breaks as you clearly don't need them..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
            you're alky that is home brewed..
            what is the yearly taxes on that land it's taking you to make the raw material. then all the other expences that are needed to boil out your hooch..
            storage tanks ext..
            don't know where your at but land taxes are a killer here..
            besides the fact that you can't legally make moonshine(you are limited on how much you can make legally) as the tax man is bypassed, I'm sure they'll see home fuel the same way..
            michigan is pretty cheap land tax wise. and if you leave your place looking like a dump it's even cheaper lol

after putting $50 into the LeBaron i am close to making my own fuel as well. the Lebaron has the smallest tank 12 gallons and gets 27mpg and it is hurting.

the thing that irks me is oil companies are making record profits agian and we have a surplus of crude so why the insane cost?
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

come on up here $1.35 litre over 4 litres to a gallon do the math I would gladly pay your $4.00 gal
              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
              2012 Northeast Rod Run
              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Two words: Peak oil

Enjoy it while we all can people.......Happy Motoring!!
                Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

I just stopped in for gas and handed over a big $6.00

that is 1.5 gallons.

1781cc, how bad it could it be.
                  This will end as abruptly as it began I presume?

we get no facts do we.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Gas prices are up because we Americans continue to drive. Send a real message to the oil companies and commodities brokers; stay home all Memorial Day Weekend. Oh yeah, get a few million of your friends to do the same. If no one fills up the family truckster for the road trip, no boating, no motorhome fill ups, dragsters, towing pickups, motorbikes, off road vehicles, and even your damn lawn mower. Otherwise, the prices will stay nice and high until after July 4th, just like every year.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
                      Gas prices are up because we Americans continue to drive. Send a real message to the oil companies and commodities brokers; stay home all Memorial Day Weekend. Oh yeah, get a few million of your friends to do the same. If no one fills up the family truckster for the road trip, no boating, no motorhome fill ups, dragsters, towing pickups, motorbikes, off road vehicles, and even your damn lawn mower. Otherwise, the prices will stay nice and high until after July 4th, just like every year.

it take not filling up for a few weeks to hurt them.
                      all your idea will do is hurt the station owners.. not the ones that need a talk'n to.

Comment

The woman text me this morning, gas over 4 bucks. Heck where's she been, for us saps that run
                        premium it's been 4+ for awhile. The other day I paid 4.15 for super, that is a deal here, many
                        stations are 4.25 - 4.50 for some time now. I got the timing cranked so far in our old subaru, I
                        even run premium in that.lol

Comment

LA gas prices are hovering around $4.25 for 87 and near $4.50 for 91.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Us people who depend on folks driving and enjoying freedom are really getting hurt by all of this

Comment

Peak oil is the gas station on top of a mountain.Its kinda like an honest politician no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                                Peak oil is the gas station on top of a mountain.Its kinda like an honest politician no such thing.
                                I would gently suggest that you do some research on Peak Oil before you dismiss it so quickly.

However, I totally agree with the statement about politicians though, you can add lawyers as well.
                                Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X