Clear All

• I'm gonna build an ark......

but a tornado would probably
    blow it away.

These past two weeks have been nothing
    but rain and severe weather.....and it's not
    going to clear up till next Thursday.

Several cases of golf ball size hail and larger.......my buddies
    place got hit bad and beat the crap out of his cars.

We've made three trips to the basement
    lately because of tornado warning sirens.

It's been a weird spring.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Really weird. When you all had the first hail this week we didn't get a drop. Got to work this morning and everyone asks how much damage our building has. None that I see, but the Lambert is 10 minutes from there and got hit hard.
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Thom - sorry for the rotten weather. Wilmington continues to be more or less Paradise - a chilly day or two followed be perfect, beautiful Spring. We're actually a bit low on annual rainfall.

As far an building an ARK. I came close - I struck an arc with the Lincoln the other day. Does that count?

Best of luck
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Thom - sorry for the rotten weather. Wilmington continues to be more or less Paradise - a chilly day or two followed be perfect, beautiful Spring. We're actually a bit low on annual rainfall.

As far an building an ARK. I came close - I struck an arc with the Lincoln the other day. Does that count?

Best of luck
        Dan
        Dan
        Good to hear someone is getting
        some good weather.

I'll have to use a hay baler next time
        I mow the yard

Ark...arc.......uh yeah it's close enough
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
          Really weird. When you all had the first hail this week we didn't get a drop. Got to work this morning and everyone asks how much damage our building has. None that I see, but the Lambert is 10 minutes from there and got hit hard.
          Yeah Lambert got hit pretty hard.
          We had hail here at the house but didn't
          last long enough to do any damage.

I see you guys moved up your car show
          to the third weekend in May.

Maybe it'll dry out by then.
          Thom

Comment

we havent had any significant rain in months it seems like here, upper level winds are blowing pretty much due east and usually have some kind of dip in them, not this spring. so the middle part of the country is getting the brunt of the severe weather and were stuck in a drought

And looking at the weather paterns, I got a not so good feeling bout hurricanes here on the gulf coast this summer
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
              we havent had any significant rain in months it seems like here, upper level winds are blowing pretty much due east and usually have some kind of dip in them, not this spring. so the middle part of the country is getting the brunt of the severe weather and were stuck in a drought

And looking at the weather paterns, I got a not so good feeling bout hurricanes here on the gulf coast this summer
              I could guess something is way up there to do something unique this year.

maine is good so far..snow just a day ago to the north. big mess..not abnormal really.

if tomorrow is 64, it is the warmest since october.

another 8 weeks before some welds...all 3 hour time span of just right.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

spring is very goofy in the midwest this year as well. we had severe storms/hails/tornandos one weekend. 5 in of slushy snow the next. cold misty rain for the last two weeks in between. suppose to hit high 50s tomorrow, not sure i believe them yet. hang in there, hope all are bangshifters are safe and well in this unique spring we are having

Comment

I get to check it out soon....scheduled to fly into Lambert on the 26th for the big robotics thing at the Dome.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    I get to check it out soon....scheduled to fly into Lambert on the 26th for the big robotics thing at the Dome.
                    Really........where are you staying?
                    Thom

Comment

Somewhere downtown, I don't have the name of the hotel (sharing a room with my son, who is going with the Phoenix robotics team he's been helping). We get in Wed mid day and leave Sun morning. I won't have a car, but I also won't have anything I really have to be doing the whole time aside from hanging out and looking at robots and talking to people.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        Somewhere downtown, I don't have the name of the hotel (sharing a room with my son, who is going with the Phoenix robotics team he's been helping). We get in Wed mid day and leave Sun morning. I won't have a car, but I also won't have anything I really have to be doing the whole time aside from hanging out and looking at robots and talking to people.
                        Well crap .......we need to hook up
                        Sent ya a PM
                        Thom

Comment

Test for picture

This use to be my pasture land now its my lake. 80-90 acres under water, 30-40 acres of bush, might have some hungry cows after summer
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well, It's finally nice TODAY so get in your old cars and get out there cuz it may turn to sh1t again tomorrow.
                            I'm taking the family to church in the ol' AMC.

Comment

I can't bitch about the weather here, except it's been so dry for the last 8 months the farmers are already warning about high wheat prices this year. We're about 5 inches below normal for the year and haven't had any significant rain since last summer.
                              BUT! I get up this morning to the sound of thunder and raindrops hitting the roof. It's been raining all morning and it is a beautiful thing. When there hasn't been any for months, every little bit helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X