Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Easter, I should forgive them

But I won't

TO THE M EFFER WHO STOLE 10 GALLONS OF UNLEADED OUT OF MY CAR, AND THE GAS CAP

I hope you rot in hell and the gas spills all over whatever you stole it for and catches fire
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Pollyanna says be glad you don't have a plastic tank that they poked a hole in to drain it...
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well I guess given the high price
      of gas......the thieves will turn their
      efforts to stealing it now.

Copper has been the big ticket item
      being ripped of in our area.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

have not seen the gas ripoff stories yet local.. could guess I will.

3 gallons is over 120 miles for me. I don't even fill up.
        the last gas event , it was ryder trucks and stuff..thieves hacked up em up for the gas.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Eagle, that's a complete bummer. I've had stuff stolen many years ago, and yeah, it's a sick feeling walking out there and realizing what happened. Yeah, serious anger. Gotta vent, but the stuff is just gone at the hands of some hunk of flesh who doesn't care jack about any other humans except themselves.

It sucks, it's sickening. Maybe be glad they didn't take the whole ride and leave the gas behind to evaporate? Not at all to downplay it, but there's gotta be some good in it somewhere...well, maybe not.

There used to be a little newspaper here in Cleveland TN that was free. In fact, they'd come down the street throwing them in every driveway until somebody complained, saying that was littering, because not everybody even picked them up.

I didn't understand the economics of it to begin with, and sure enough they went out of business. Stay with me, this is going somewhere...but I'm slow....

The very best bart of that publication was a feature called "Creep of the Week." It contained nothing but letters to the newspaper, very, very much like your post. Your post would have fit there perfectly. One thing after another, enough to make you think it wasn't safe to go outside or stay indoors, either.

My own ex-boss even sent one in along the lines of, "This is to the no-driving moron who ran me and my Fairlane into the ditch on Candies Lane last Thursday, making me hit a mailbox and denting the right front fender on the car I've been working to restore for over three years. And you didn't even stop or slow down after you ran me into the ditch. People like you should be..." Well, it went on and on.

But they're out there. They live among us. I guess all any of us can do is just rant and go on. There seems to be no long term fix for stupid.

And we all have to study and pass a test and then do a road check with a cop on board to get a driver's licence, but any fool can have and raise children, sight unseen. What's up with that?
          Last edited by pdub; April 24, 2011, 11:11 AM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Three words, locking gas cap.

Comment

I think after I have my blazer tank installed , and filler hidden I'll fill the in cab tank with water..
              hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                I think after I have my blazer tank installed , and filler hidden I'll fill the in cab tank with water..
                hehehehe
                How about some gas (or kerosene) and about a pound of sugar?
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

At least they didn't come with a sawmill and take your cats.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    How about some gas (or kerosene) and about a pound of sugar?
                    the sugar thing is a myth...

I'm a little concerned.. my '10 Ford turd has NO gas cap... one of those self-sealing flip doors... just a little spring-loaded thingy keeping the juice in.

Dammit, I just let the cat outta the bag. Now everybody's gonna be hunting down late-model fords to steal gas outta.
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                        Actually, I would hope that happens, after July when I go through state inspection again hahaha

What I'm wondering is if I can put a screen at the bottom of the fuel filler tube so gas can flow through it but hoses and stuff can't dip down into the tank
                        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                          Actually, I would hope that happens, after July when I go through state inspection again hahaha

What I'm wondering is if I can put a screen at the bottom of the fuel filler tube so gas can flow through it but hoses and stuff can't dip down into the tank
                          I think most newer cars have something like that in the filler tubes already. Ethier a screen, or a ton of crazy bends in the tube keeping you from getting a hose in the tank.

Comment

I would not forgive them! I would appeal to the Karma spirits...
                            It is getting like the Mad Max movies...
                            Around here they were steeling brass things out of graveyards
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                              a few years ago, one guy cut like 30-40 catalytic converters out of brand new cars at a car dealership one night, they were worth like $3000-4000
                              formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                              http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Working...
                              X