Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could formulate your own air freshener....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could formulate your own air freshener....

Think about this. If you could contact the folks at Johnson & Sons (Formerly Johnson & Johnson) and tell them what scent you would like for a new Glade air freshner, what would be the best BangShift approved formula?

My choice?

Gear oil, Bondo and bacon.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

I would think gasoline and tire smoke would have to be involved

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      I would think gasoline and tire smoke would have to be involved
      The only thing you would attrack would be more guys ??
      sigpic

Comment

I guess I will self-edit my reply for scratch and sniff flavor of the month. Ahem...

I'll spill Marvel Mystery Oil on purpose. B12 is good... and carnuba wax.

[Regarding tree-shaped air fresheners]
        Miller: Find one in every car. You'll see.

-Repo Man
        Last edited by Beagle; April 24, 2011, 08:07 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Carnuba wax,

Race gas,
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron View Post
            Think about this. If you could contact the folks at Johnson & Sons (Formerly Johnson & Johnson) and tell them what scent you would like for a new Glade air freshner, what would be the best BangShift approved formula?

My choice?

Gear oil, Bondo and bacon.

Ron
            I agree with non-orgnanic. fresh tires is strangely a good one.. or clean engine alloys after a car wash, engine full warm. No oils.
            marvel does smell nice.. rislone too. regular oils..blah.

I run two oversized fresheners from a cat diesel dealership.. basic square cat engine yellow...large. they are like 6x8 or somewhere in there. The real fresheners can even grab the chemistries that aren't good, airless stuff. nitrogens etc...

a real good freshener, when its time is done.. literally disintegrates. That one really worked.

Remember the self combusters? that was as backwards as it gets.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 24, 2011, 10:18 AM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

bondo and the smell of 2 part clear with tire smoke added..

the other bangshift smell, would be rated past family "g" rating so....
              you figure it out
              Last edited by Stich496; April 24, 2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I DESPISE the smell of gasoline, means something is leaking

I want a Burger and Bacon scented one
                Also
                Semi Related

Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                  bondo and the smell of 2 part clear with tire smoke added..

the other bangshift smell, would be rated past family "g" rating so....
                  you figure it out

Figure? That's too easy to figure. Yep, stale raw fish. Been one of my faves since high school. Cost me a lot of money over time, too.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    Figure? That's too easy to figure. Yep, stale raw fish. Been one of my faves since high school. Cost me a lot of money over time, too.

raw fish.
                    I think of the peppermint smelling chain reaction that allows the car to sound like popcorn as the steel disintegrates before your eyes.

If I smell that.... I am running away.

the hemoglobin stuff. The fish is the anti.. iron don't like it.

there is a high psi steel that keeps going.. but since when do us pathetic worthless humans get that from manufacturing.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                      The only thing you would attrack would be more guys ??
                      Air freshener, not cologne.

Comment

New tires. I love the smell of new tires.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

New Car Smell. People have tried over the years but no one can seem to get it just right. I recently took a ride with a friend in his 2011 Grand Cherokee and it smells exactly like my mothers '73 Buick Regal when it was new, how is that possible?
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I like scents that arent overpowering, but if it were to be a car thing then:

First fire of an engine, doesnt matter what fuel its running on, just the smell of the assembly lube and paint burning is a wonderful thing. Im not sure I want to smell it all the time, it kinda loses its appeal when you smell it all the time.

As for that certain aroma we all know that emanates from a certain anatomical region, well I dont want to smell that all the time either, its is far too distracting. Besides I can get that pretty much anytime I want.. ;)

Comment

I just love the smell of ATF in the morning...
                              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X