Hot Rod and Racing Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod and Racing Crashes

Many people on this board know a fellow hot rodder who had died due to racing. Weather on the salt, in stock car racing, or at the drags, its dangerous stuff. Obviously it hasnt stopped many people on here from competing, but it makes us take another look at the safety aspect of our hobby. Here are a few videos of some crazy wrecks which make me stop and think for a second. This is in dedication to our fellow hot rodders who have lost their lives to the dangers of our lifestyle.

This is a short from the 2007 SNORE Dunebuggy.com 400 desert race. The 1620 buggy decided to give me a show -- right in front of my camcorder on a 89 mile ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This is the ACK Attack Streamliner. The crash occured during the 2004 BUB Speed Trials on the Bonneville Salt Flats. This was the first time the motorcycle s...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: Hot Rod and Racing Crashes

I will not deny that risk is a big part of hot rodding (remember "The importance of risk"?---HRM Starting Line from DF), but i think we tend to forget the actual danger of our lifestyle. thats why safety is so important

Comment

My uncle is one of the guys who was there through the very beginning...he's like the Forrest Gump of motorsports; knows everyone, was there for a lot of the things we read about today. Like the majority of guys from the beginning, he was there in the thick of it, but you've never heard of him.

He flipped his rail in the late-'60s or early '70s, and got his helmet wedged in the 3-hoop bar, where it stayed for the whole ride, and put him in a coma for a couple weeks.
      He probably isn't the single reason, but it's guys like him who are responsible for a lot of the safety rules there are today.
      Years later, for his last past, he went out in style, dripping the clocks at 218mph, low 6 seconds, upside down and backwards.
      That one he walked away from, without a scratch.

-Brad

Comment

The danger is the attraction. Gets the heart pumping and reminds you what is important. Kind of like skydiving.

I am just going to make sure my cage is super sturdy. ;D
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
        X