I am a SUCKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a SUCKER

So, I was duped into chaperoning another school trip.

3 days in the mountains with 150 middle school students. The fun starts Wednesday morning.

It generally is a good time but the weather can be insane...one extreme to another in just a few hours. For example 2 years ago it was 80 during the day and when we got up the next morning we found that it froze overnight. Last year it was in the high 60's to mid 70's then at noon the wind started to pick up and we hit gusts of over 70mph. The winds destroyed tents and dropped the temps to the low 50's to high 40's. Most of the kids were not prepared. It was awful. I swore I would not go this year...but..here I am, prepping all of my gear and getting ready to drive 3 hours to spend the week with adults I don't like.

I keep telling myself it is for the kids and they love the trip...not about me, its baout them, not about me, its about them, not about me........

Anyone else a sucker for the kids?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

it'll be good 4 ya..
    have a safe trip..
    bring a compass.. wonder if they have an app for that..

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
      it'll be good 4 ya..
      have a safe trip..
      bring a compass.. wonder if they have an app for that..

Hell yeah they do!!

If you never checked out the Google Sky Map app...you need to, it is freaking bad ass!!
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

compass don't need battery tho.

really freak out the kids and have the list of "safe" to eat tree bark

Comment

not me, I'm just going to the robot competition in St Louis Wednesday to hang out....but I expect I'll get roped into doing something to help.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

good deal , enjoy your kids ....

Comment

Hey Joe, Mt. Lemon? Watch out for pumas and bighorn.

And javelina.

How old are the kids? Old enough to teach how to grill over an open fire?
              Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                Hey Joe, Mt. Lemon? Watch out for pumas and bighorn.

And javelina.

How old are the kids? Old enough to teach how to grill over an open fire?
                Tony, this is up in the Chiricahua National Monument area...out towards Benson. It is real nice place, very secluded and very dark at night. This is a middle school trip so there are about 150 kids and 20 adults. Me and another dude named Tony run the base camp and camp kitchen. I am here to tell you cooking for that many people ain't easy but it makes the day go by and we have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2 View Post
                  Hell yeah they do!!

If you never checked out the Google Sky Map app...you need to, it is freaking bad ass!!
                  Randall has the Star Trek Tri-corder app. May be helpful, may not. Would be entertaining to watch you use it in front of the parents scanning trees and shit. Watch them freak.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

isnt that close to the petrified forest ?
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Ya your a sucker, but it's for the kids so it's ok......

How about I put on my BigFoot costume on and hide in the bushes around camp, it should make for some memorable moments.......
                      Last edited by TC; April 25, 2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                        isnt that close to the petrified forest ?
                        It's about 300 miles south of the Petrified Forrest.

Arizona is a BIG state
                        Last edited by squirrel; April 25, 2011, 08:29 PM.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

ok for some stupid reason I was thinking Holbrook, yea Benson is in the opposite side of the state
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                          X