No announcement yet.

So this Girl Knocked on my Door........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this Girl Knocked on my Door........

And asked if I would like to sign a petition that would prohibit Companies here in Arizona from out-sourcing jobs to other countries.... I signed it because I feel we need to keep our jobs here at home, but thinking about it, I wonder how many companies will pull out of Arizona if it passes.......

So what do you think, good or bad.....??
    Last edited by TC; April 26, 2011, 10:29 AM.

never happen
    money talks suckers walk..
    want to petition ,moves over seas or over board, you do that with your wallet not a pen..
    when and only when people start telling companies , how they feel about moves like that with not buying the products. it'll stop not untill.

I will not buy my fav candy because they moved to mexico..
    Last edited by Stich496; April 26, 2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

If you respect and treasure Freedom, you will not support a petition like that. The essence of Freedom is the voluntary interaction between people, without the use of force. If you support using goverment force against your fellow citizens to further your economic objectives, you are pounding nails in the coffin of your own Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        And asked if I would like to sign a petition that would prohibit Companies here in Arizona from out-sourcing jobs to other countries.... I signed it because I feel we need to keep our jobs here at home, but thinking about it, I wonder how many companies will pull out of Arizona if it passes.......

So what do you think, good or bad.....??
        Why would companies pull out?
        STUGOTS

Comment

Regulation.

As a made up example. Say "Computer Builders Incorporated" was headquartered in AZ. They employ 300 people doing tech and white collar jobs there, all that tax money generated from the buisness and spending by the employee's goes into the state coffers, but they want to outsource some of their tech work to Mexico since it's close and they can get a better deal $$$ wise, but AZ says, "No, that's illegal." So the "Computer Builders Incorporated" move over to New Mexico, along with their tax dollars and jobs opennings so they can outsource to Mexico.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
            If you respect and treasure Freedom, you will not support a petition like that. The essence of Freedom is the voluntary interaction between people, without the use of force. If you support using goverment force against your fellow citizens to further your economic objectives, you are pounding nails in the coffin of your own Liberty.
            I understand where your coming from Joel, but AZ has terrible unemployment right now and I understand that what they are trying to do is get these jobs that are sold out to other countries in the hands of the unemployed here. It might not be right, I'm kind of on the boarder with it myself, but if it creates jobs then it's good, but if the companies start running like Randal's example then it's bad. Basically they got to do something, because what their doing right now isn't working.........

Maybe have a percentage of the farmed out work be done here and the rest can come from another country?? Kind of a meet in the middle sort of thing. It would create jobs......
            Last edited by TC; April 26, 2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

What did the girl look like?
              Last edited by BigBlockMopar; April 26, 2011, 12:02 PM.
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                Sorry man she was pretty much average........

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                  The real important question! Ha! Did you happen to get a picture of her, preferably with a car in the background or something?

Comment

Sorry man she was pretty much average........
                    Ely average or Hollywood average?

(remembering that an Ely 10 is a California 6!)
                    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 26, 2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Basically they got to do something, because what their doing right now isn't working..........
                      Maybe lower taxes on business? Kind of a crazy idea I know, but what if, just what if businesses had some incentive to stay or, perhaps even relocate TO Arizona, due to the cost benefit to them?

You know, use what motivates them "against" them? Kinda a win-win for everyone?

Crazy talk, I know.....
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

How about if the State of Arizona creates a "free enterprise zone". A 30 mile square area in the middle of no where, a place that no one can be forced to enter or work, only those who chose to. No one can live there, only work. This zone would have no business regulations of any kind - no labor laws, no epa, no unemployment system, OSHA, no income taxes, property taxes or any kind of taxes. Just a reasonable tariff of about $10 everytime anyone or anything enters or exits the zone. Then everyone would outsource their jobs to AZ. Would that work for you?

Comment

It's hilarious that people will walk all day door to door in the desert with a petition rather then understanding the theory of comparative advantage.
                          Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Nothing will change until the cost of labor outside our borders is equal to what's inside them. Take that to the bank, if you still have an account...
                            Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                              YES!!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "
                              I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                              X