X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fahrenschnell
    replied
    Re: Car Stereos

I like to have it, but the right car makes its own music. 8)

Leave a comment:

• mike343sharpstick
    replied

My plan, the stock AM radio in the standard local with hidden audio and a 4 speakers in the car. Maybe one sub if I can hide it? But if it comes down cash for a sub or something that will make the car work better, the sub is out.

Leave a comment:

• olbuddybob
    replied

I have been thinking about this one myself. I don't listen to much music but the wife loves music. I would like to put in a Cd player in place of the cassette player that I now have. I don't think a two knob head unit exsists with a Cd player. Is a changer the only option in this case?

Leave a comment:

• BillBallinger Sr
    Guest replied

I like a little separate component system. You need to be able to hear it without losing quality while on a long drive.

I would get a good clean head unit, simple AM/FM/ CD capable of MP3 player plug in. Run it RCA jack out to a good cool running low distortion amp, with crossovers to split the frequencies up between the speakers. Put separate small woofers, mids and tweeters at all four corners and dump everything under 120 hz to a single sub. Bass is not directional, but the 4 corners of tight clear sound running at 50-80 watts RMS with 200-320 watts of 20-120 hz will make for a very nice listening experience without sounding shrill. For me anyway,clarity is more important than loud. It should be a big sound, but never shrill.

Leave a comment:

• Schtauffer
    replied

Someday I might put a stereo in the car so my wife has something to listen to.

Leave a comment:

• sedandelivery55
    replied

Standard type reciever and 4 speakers. Can't hear it when I'm driving. I like to hang my head out the window and listen to the 2 1/2" pipes with Dynomax cans dumping under the rear end.

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    Guest replied

stock 2 inch pipes and some sheepo mufflers make the noise for now...gonna change that here soon too....amplifier if you will LOL

Leave a comment:

• purplecobra
    replied

flowmasters and a vortech- no need for music!!

Leave a comment:

• Woodward_Dreams
    started a poll Car Stereos

Car Stereos

Keep it simple am/fm/cd and a couple standard speakers
    0%
    8 speaker system with 4 subs and amps in the trunk
    0%
    Nothin..... i let my flowmasters make my music
    0%
    I want a simple radio with no extra crap in the truck. Simple to use, light weight, does it's job.
Working...
X