Car Stereos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Stereos

I want a simple radio with no extra crap in the truck. Simple to use, light weight, does it's job.
    Keep it simple am/fm/cd and a couple standard speakers
    0%
    8 speaker system with 4 subs and amps in the trunk
    0%
    Nothin..... i let my flowmasters make my music
    0%

Re: Car Stereos

flowmasters and a vortech- no need for music!!

Comment

stock 2 inch pipes and some sheepo mufflers make the noise for now...gonna change that here soon too....amplifier if you will LOL

Comment

Standard type reciever and 4 speakers. Can't hear it when I'm driving. I like to hang my head out the window and listen to the 2 1/2" pipes with Dynomax cans dumping under the rear end.

Comment

Someday I might put a stereo in the car so my wife has something to listen to.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I like a little separate component system. You need to be able to hear it without losing quality while on a long drive.

I would get a good clean head unit, simple AM/FM/ CD capable of MP3 player plug in. Run it RCA jack out to a good cool running low distortion amp, with crossovers to split the frequencies up between the speakers. Put separate small woofers, mids and tweeters at all four corners and dump everything under 120 hz to a single sub. Bass is not directional, but the 4 corners of tight clear sound running at 50-80 watts RMS with 200-320 watts of 20-120 hz will make for a very nice listening experience without sounding shrill. For me anyway,clarity is more important than loud. It should be a big sound, but never shrill.

Comment

I have been thinking about this one myself. I don't listen to much music but the wife loves music. I would like to put in a Cd player in place of the cassette player that I now have. I don't think a two knob head unit exsists with a Cd player. Is a changer the only option in this case?

Comment

My plan, the stock AM radio in the standard local with hidden audio and a 4 speakers in the car. Maybe one sub if I can hide it? But if it comes down cash for a sub or something that will make the car work better, the sub is out.

Comment

I like to have it, but the right car makes its own music. 8)
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

The Caprice has a really nice four speakers and a fairly cheap JVC CD stereo. The Impala has been pieced together over the years. It now has a JVC HD stereo CD that will control my JVC 12 disc CD changer and or my MP3 player, it has a Coustic crossover unit, 3 amps, Infinity speakers in the doors, Pioneer in the rear window, and a 10 Sub tube in the trunk. I can turn it up loud enough that I can't hear anything else, or hear at all when I get out of the car.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

For me, it depends on the ride. In my daily driver truck, I have a Pioneer AM/FM/XM/CD unit, 8 inch bass tube with a 300 watt external amp and MTX crossover. That's about it. Factory speakers. With the head unit, amp and crossover, I can tune it well enough, keep bass out of my factory speakers and tune it well enough to sound decent. And the bass tube fits perfectly under the rear seat of my extended cab truck.

In my hot rod, music would do no good, because you couldn't hear it over an 11:1 smallblock and flowmasters. 8)

Comment

It's definately going to have some tunes, but I haven't though about it much yet, I have a long way to go with the rest of the car first. I know that I prefer a loaded up Ipod as opposed to fumbling with a bunch of CD's. My beater Montego has an AM/FM cassette with four speakers and I use one of those adapters so I can listen to my Ipod, it actually works pretty well.
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I've got all the songs in my head. Very few commercials, too.
                          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

factory am/fm cassette tape/four speaker. in both 'birds . I us them mostly as back ground noise and traffic reports commuting ,kind of a poor mans c.b.

Comment

The Rice Bomb has no Stereo. It had a nice one but I needed the space to put my switch panel.

Comment

Working...
                              X