RIP Keith {stepdad}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Keith {stepdad}

Well...found out tonight from my mom, my "stepdad" {mom and him were together 23 years} passed away last week.
    Old time bs'ers here might recall the crap I went through when they split a few years back. I wanted to beat his ass but realized no point and decided to be civil towards him and not an asshat, unlike my brothers...anyways...
    The news shocked me a bit, bummed me out...not a massive break down, but this sucks to a degree. The whole death thing, it's tempered for me...but none the less bummed about it.
    Man was clean and sobbered up, started a shop with a guy a few months back and was doing good.
    Don't have all the info yet, but what I know is he had a major stroke or heart attack or something along those lines.
    Younger days as a hell's angel in the 70's probably caught up with him...or maybe all the PBR
    You can bet yourselves, the GTS is going to the funeral.
    Shot of his granpa's F100 I helped polish the grill out as a present.

RIP man. Would not be the man today without the help I got. and the occasional ass chewing.
    Kruse, Keith L.
    Feb 24, 1957 - Apr 24, 2011
    Preceded in death by father John; grandparents; aunt and uncle. Survived by mother: Mary, Papillion; sisters and brother: Theresa and Robert Cooper, Plattsmouth. Kevin and Julie Kruse, Percival, IA, Tracy and Tom Kleffman, Portsmouth, IA, Tammy and Mark Goldsberry, LaVista. Tina and Mike Schultz, St. Johns, FL; many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
    Graveside services Friday 4pm East Union Cemetery, Union, NE. VISITATION Thursday 5-8pm at Trinity Lutheran Church, 330 West Halleck St. Papillion. Memorials to American Cancer Society . KAHLER DOLCE
    441 N. WASHINGTON ST
    Papillion, NE
    Last edited by Eliteman76; April 26, 2011, 09:09 PM.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

I'm sorry for your loss. RIP Keith
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Rest in Peace Keith -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

It sounds like he had his shit together at the end which is admirable. Sorry for your loss.
        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

r.i.p.
          sorry for your loss...

Comment

It sucks to lose people in our lives, may he rest in peace.
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Sorry to hear the news. Glad you chose the route you did and be civil. Too young to go, man he was younger then me by a 362 days.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Sorry for your loss Andrew.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

He was more than 10 years younger than I am - too soon, for sure. I hope I have been easy for my step kids to love - I guess I must have been as they do. I'm a lucky man and it sounds like Keith was, too. And you were wise to treat him like you did as you can look back and know that you didn't lower yourself. Good job. I hope you can hold on to the good stuff and not dwell on the harder parts.

Dan

Comment

Sorry to hear that Andrew. RIP Keith.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Thanks guys.
                      Things been up and down, but doing OK.
                      Spoke with his mom today, going to see the family tomorrow night.
                      Was good to just talk to her a bit. Family pulled together, and all the sisters and brother are there helping her right now.
                      He was hard headed as hell, PBR drinking, harley riding {and crashing} mofo. Funny looking back, but he never laid a finger on me all those years...although I sure as hell know he wanted to whip my dumb as a few times with a tire iron.
                      Taking the good with the bad, and remembering him for the good.

He's the reason why I am into cars, and able to build stuff like I am.
                      He's also the reason why I stopped drinking like 7 years back...
                      Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

very sorry to hear about your loss
                        It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

God speed Keith.... may you be the last with that name for a LONG LONG TIME....

Comment

I am sorry to hear of your loss, he sounds like he led an interesting life...
                            ~Gail
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Thanks guys.
                              Well, today started off cool, windy and in general depressing.
                              Got the GTS washed up last night at like 11:30 at night with Mel being towel girl

Mom got down to the house, and a family friend Matt {guy who painted the GTS for me} rode along. In the true spirit of Keith, Matt had packed a cooler full of PBR tall boys and we put it in the trunk and head on out.
                              Ended up lost in the small town of Union, Nebraska, and ran into some friends of Mom's and Keith's that I grew up with them in assorted bars they went to.
                              We followed the group out to a small cemetery on a hill top, in the countryside. Ironic, as a farm boy, and him hating cattle and having to milk the things, he is now buried facing a field of them {Something one buddy Dave mentioned casually, getting a good laugh}. Had the deal with the priest, said out goodbyes, and milled around talking to people for a bit.
                              A group headed over to the Torino, and Dave's 30K original miles Pinto to have a few laughs and look at the cars. I opened the trunk, cooler opened up and a lot of people had last beer with Keith. Matt cracked open a tall boy and poured it on the ground while everyone toasted him.
                              After a few we packed up, and I had to turn the car around on the paved road in front of the cemetery. My mom, Matt and Mel all said, alright, smoke the hell out of the tires...so I revved the GTS to about 6 grand and dumped the clutch. The priest and the guys working in the plot were looking at us like WTF and I don't think I amused the worker guy in the big cemetery truck either {or, he was waving us on, not really sure}. Point being thou is that is what he would have done, and that's what counts.

We ended up at a place along hwy 75, some small town bar, and we sat around for 2 hours eating and listening to stories. Good times, and fun stuff.
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X