Cool Goodguy's Del Mar Video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Goodguy's Del Mar Video...

This was an awesome event... Everything we pointed the camera at look great... (well.. there was Chad)

Awesome Video!

But I just gotta say...

While the GOOD GUYS DEL MAR show seems neat and attracts alot of entries, I have to say several years ago when Loren took the Challenger there we had standing room only around that car the entire time...when it came to the awards the Chrysler award was given to some older car that had ripples all down the sides of it, poor paint and a Chevy engine...It seemed unless you or your car were in a certain age group or whatever, you didn't get looked at by the "Judges". Of course I had to ask one of them what the criteria was, I was told that they just walk around and write down what "They Like" there was no thought put into what actually should qualify a car to be in a prize category etc. While we do not go to car shows simply for a prize, if you are going to ask that much money for an entry fee and rest on your "we are the end all in car shows" laurels then perhaps it would be best if they put some effort into really looking at what was being offered...We don't really attend Good Guys stuff anymore, as they have lost their crediblity with us.
    OMG I ranted!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02321.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	854636~Gail
    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; April 27, 2011, 10:01 AM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

My friend Carl won Best Chevelle at the George Barris Cruisin Back To The '50's show here in Culver City a couple years ago. It wasn't even finished, but he beat out guys who sunk six figures into their rides and they were not happy. He only had one wiper on his car too, which was being screamed by the losers. Fact is, judges are humans with opinions, and those opinions are what determine a show winner. We all know the description of an opinion.

Fantastic video, BTW!!!
      Last edited by Scott Liggett; April 27, 2011, 01:28 PM.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

looks like a large event.

at least you people have them.

if awards are given seeming incorrect.. is the bigger picture a project more rare, even as ugly.. than a complete resto with every part available?
        that would make sense.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
        X