Batten down the hatches!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batten down the hatches!!!!

Wow! What a huge bunch of storms! I hope all of our TN, KY, AL, GA and SC BangShifters are doing well. I am looking at the radar right now and it looks like a tornado is only 45 miles north of peewee's hometown of Cleveland, TN.

The tornado that just ripped through north Birmingham is being rated at a possible F5!! That is freakin' huge!

Take cover, folks!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

sometimes it's good to be a yank

stay safe

Comment

I've been stressing over this all day. My Mom lives down that way.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Unless they've changed things recently we have five more minutes before the tornado watch we've been under most of the day. They ae calling for some possible serious stuff tomorrow morning, however. I really feel for the folks that still putting things back together after last week's tornadoes that came through here. Fingers are crossed!

Comment

Last weather report said they expect it to sort of peter out before it gets here. Probably just some rain. Hope they're right!

Good luck all
          Dan

Comment

Screwy weather.

We've made 3 trips to the basement
            in the last 2 weeks because of tornado warnings.

Went to one of my accounts today in West Plains, MO that
            got flash flooded.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

One of the guys over on grantorinosport.org said 8 coworkers complete lost their homes in the recent tornados.
              He managed to be left with minor damage. Crazy stuff.

Originally posted by mule323
              My neighbor. Nothing left but the porch.

Andrew
              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Radio said over 170 dead, over 120 of those in AL - God Bless you all, we're praying for ya, anybody hear from Turk?
                Last edited by milner351; April 28, 2011, 04:55 AM.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  Radio said over 170 dead, over 120 of those in AL - God Bless you all, we're praying for ya, anybody hear from Turk?
                  Yesterday was a bad day in the south. I currently live in Clanton, AL but work in Tupelo, MS. The guys I work for also do storm chasing- which we did yesterday. There were so many targets, we had a hard time picking one. We chased about 5 possible tornados, including the one that killed at least 12 in Smithville, MS. That town is obliterated. I saw that tornado probably 20 miles before it got to Smithville and we called it in to the NWS who issued a tornado on the ground alert. It may have helped. People have gotten so accustomed to CD sirens that they ignore them- I know I do.

Oddly enough, the next 3-5 days will be picture perfect weather here. BTW- all my family survived fine to my knowledge.
                  Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I saw Turk put a post up on FB that his area was not hard hit - all is well in the Turk house.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Last edited by Stich496; April 28, 2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

where is that peewee and his porch pigeons.

I saw his town was in a warning as well yesterday.

maine does not get the storms of change like this.. only metallurgy and someone paying attention can realize it.

I get paint cans that release dimples this time of year with a peculiar noise, under the sink... last night in fact.

best of safety to all those people. Needs more than religion.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                        X