Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the AC in my 2006 GMC working properly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the AC in my 2006 GMC working properly?

I have a 2006 GMC with the digital heat/ ac controls. No levers just the digital display with buttons and knobs to control temp on both sides. The weather has only been around 50-60 degrees outside here. I wanted to make sure the AC was working properly so I turned the temp knobs all the way down to 60 degrees ( thats the lowest they go) The compressor is definitely kicking in and it is blowing cold air but it is not as cold as I think it should be. Does the truck regulate the temp? Will it only blow as cold as it needs to? I did not have it on auto but I am wondering if is not blowig colder because it does not need to??? I would appreciate any input from owners with the same setup. I am still getting used to this truck it is light years above my plain jane 95. Thanks in advance!

Yes, if it is set to 60 it will only blow 60 degree air. You'll have to wait until a warmer day to notice a difference between ambient and the conditioned air from the AC system.
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Think about it this way, 60 degrees is as low as it goes, if the air outside is lets say 50 degrees it will actually add heat to the cool air in an attempt to raise the temps inside the vehicle to 60 degrees.

Comment

60 setting should blow at least 45 degrees - 60 is MAX COLD

Comment

Working...
        X