won my first race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: won my first race

And it's really without wuch suspension being pretty flat on the bottom.Would like to ski behind it some time. My friend Mastercraft would only get me up to 42 . By theway congrats .JUst curious how long does a jet pump last drag racing it .

Comment

Originally posted by stmike
      check out the photo finish:
      Can't see the picture, but congratulations anyway !!!

8)

Comment

here's one of my dad trying to decide if its safe to drive or not. his hat is killin' me. lol

Comment

and here's a photo of the guy who got me into drag racing. Fans of Hot Rod Mag have seen him before. Its Steve Brule from Westech Performance. He's a hell of a racer.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
            Now that really is great...

Best of all it's not a hollow victory... I mean you didn't back into it... and beat a wanna bee.... You did it correctly...

I know that feeling of simply sitting there soaking it up... wanting the feelings to go on forever.... and the best part is you'll NEVER forget that feeling... and anything less will SUCK... LOL and now you know it...

There is no doubt that the passion and drive that it took to get here made you a big winner before this event though... The spirit that got you here was Equally valid... and that's a rite of passage as well...

Keith

Thanks Keith.
            I was 3 boats, four motors, a whole lot of busted knuckles, even more late nights, and a handful of second place finishes into this deal before i got that win. This is gonna stay with me for the rest of my life.
            anything less than a win from now on will be huge letdown, especially now that i'm only 5 points out of first place with four races left to go.

Oh yeah one more thing. Ive realy been enjoying your stories on this site. Keep 'em coming.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
              And it's really without wuch suspension being pretty flat on the bottom.Would like to ski behind it some time. My friend Mastercraft would only get me up to 42 . By theway congrats .JUst curious how long does a jet pump last drag racing it .
              it doesn't make much of a wake so skiing behind it would be fun. It cruises at about 45 mph. The 3 circuit dominator isn't really happy under 3500 rpm though.

as for the pump, it's incredibly durable as long as you don't run it in really shallow water. It'll suck up rocks off the bottom of the river in 3-feet of water and although the impeller will chew them up and spit them out, the boat doesn't really holeshot that good with dull impeller blades. You can throw as much as 2000hp at a pump with a stainless impeller and aquamet shaft in it and it'll take the abuse for a long time.

Comment

Steve Rocks.... he's been kind every time I've met him... and exceptionally competent... genuine nice guy...

Did you notice he's on the Cast here?

Keith

Comment

i had no clue. ive only watched a few of the videos so far and he neglected to tell me.

Comment

Working...
                  X