Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's doing car stuff this weekend? Wrenching/watching/racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday, I finally got around to installing the new NGK spark plugs I had sitting on the garage table for months.I found out 2 of the accel header plugs weren't firing and had ash deposits on them, closer look and the looked liked they were cracked right at the base
    Also cleaned the tires/hubcaps for the first time in over a year

Went to a car cruise and seen some nice rides. then took a ride with my dad to Cabelas , there prices are nuts.
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

today, I finished the lowering of the rear of the c-10..
      still need to replace one brake line(hit with hammer(oops)
      and waiting on new rubber hose and shoes (ordered)...
      moved on to the transmission, dropping the pan in this thing is a royal pain..
      8 bolts on the crossmember REALLY!! 8 bolts to the frame,4 per side.. W.T.F.
      can't get to 2 pan bolts without moving the crossmember.. so..
      now I have to wait for the tranny mount as the one on it was micky mouse (D/F YOU SURE THIS WASN'T YOUR TRUCK)
      painted the pan, would've added a drian but no point as a 200r4 is going in .. at some point

Comment

yep, finished the upper control arms and drove it....
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Great weekend, installed the LM-1 and its working, fixed the brake issues. While I was there, I installed a manual boost controller and found the 5psi I was missing.

Of course, as you fix one thing, you find new things to do. Clutch won't hold the extra 5psi of boost.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Bob, your tool theory worked. Had my bag full of tools in the truck and didn't need a damn one of them!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That always happens to me.

When I travel cross country with the SVO, I hook the boneyard SVO up behind. Haven't needed it once.
              I'm still learning

Comment

I managed to get the Impala back on it's wheels and running, plus finishing the writing assignment giving to me by Brian, plus plus start packing for my trip Weds.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Picked up ranger trans and converter from lou - they have an old rotunda converter cleaning machine - they ran mine through several cycles to purge any bad juju out of it - I need to do the same with the cooler.

Put my neighbors vette body on the trailer - dropped it at the vette shop - picked up the rolling chassis complete with all new drivetrain and dropped that back at his place -- sounds easy - but involved lots of tricky maneuvering with the truck and trailer and some interesting loading and unloading moments!

Got the lawnmower ready for the season - changed oil, air filter, and spark plug, blade looked good enough to leave it alone.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by milner351; May 2, 2011, 05:05 AM.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X