Fast Five - Theatrical Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Five - Theatrical Trailer

We are going to the mid night show with my boys. The IMAX showing is sold out since 6pm for the midnight show. They seated everyone at 8pm since the line is around the block. The other two regular non IMAX midnight shows are sold out but they added a third show. We did this with the Matrix movies and it was a lot of fun going to the midnight shows. For a movie being hated so much it sure sells out quick. My kids can't wait, and I like the last one even though it was ridiculous but hey it's make believe and it's just a movie.

Fast Five - Theatrical Trailer
    UniversalPictures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcn2G...kw=fast%20five

I'm waiting for Riddick III.

The Riddick movies are probably the best movies Vin Diesel ever made............

Comment

A movie that is hated doesn't get four sequels made. That all made good money. It's just car guys that don't like them. Unfortunately, we are in the minority. We aren't the target audience anyways, video game playing teenage boys are.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post

The Riddick movies are probably the best movies Vin Diesel ever made............
        The Riddick movies were good. I wouldn't say the best he's made, but still very good.

Comment

Almost didn't see it, sold out by the time we got there but they open another threater and we saw it. Got to be seen on the big screen. Just got home, kids loved it and so did I.

Originally posted by TC View Post

Agree

Originally posted by Rebeldryver View Post
          A movie that is hated doesn't get four sequels made. That all made good money. It's just car guys that don't like them. Unfortunately, we are in the minority. We aren't the target audience anyways, video game playing teenage boys are.
          Agree 100%

Comment

Oh come one, next you're going to tell me that a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away there were Spaceballs.... please, it's a movie, it's a blast to watch what kind of creative stuff they come up with in movies, and (drum roll please) it's all fake right down to the wheelie popping camaro.

I watch them, and find them good, movie-going fun. Yep, it does require the normal suspension of belief that most movies require such as: Star Wars, anything with Jennifer Aniston, or Mel Brooks... it's a movie - it's supposed to entertain, not teach.

Also, I'm just waiting for the Youtube of some missing link using nitro in their honda on the street - that kind of stupidity alone makes the franchise worth it.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I get mad at the modern car movies...I am late 30s.. don't really fall for much lately.

the other places to find out about the show, alot of stuff was done the old fashioned way..
              they find limits of the machines, and even make changes. jay lenos garage shows some of it.

This latest one I'd watch, did not like the the thought of the others for odd reasons.

I think it was the little cars pretending to be bigger. Stuff got put in its places as the sequels went along. They must have realized those "teenage boys" get influenced and backed off some of the outrageous fakers. (the ricers to get to the point)

enjoy the flick. I'd like to see the vault scene, and that crazy jacked up rod iron truck looking thing on the big screen. they built that with a big block engine in the middle..
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

was a fun movie to watch, completely defies physics - but so do most films. The vault scene was the best part, also watching the Rock and Vin duke it out was pretty cool too.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

where is the jap crap ?

Comment

I saw it last night. There are moments here and there of Paul Walker's jap fetish, but mostly it was all about Dodge product placement.

Different from the previous movies, this one is also a caper flick. Planning and execution of steeling a vault full of cash. There are areas that require suspension of reality, but most movies do this as well. The Rock spewing his lines was a bit cheesy.

All in all, it was a good action flick.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Just got back from the movie and I will say it was pretty good. Anybody notice the green charger with the humongo blower sticking out of the hood from Power Tour? I did And I must ask did any one stick around after the credits? If not, you missed out!
                      Jeff
                      Follow My Build

Comment

hottie girl to Han: I thought you wanted to go to Tokyo??

Han: We'll get there...
                        Charles

Comment

PM the ending, don't ruin it for anyone who has not seen it. Sequel!

'Fast Five' races to furious start with $83.6M (AP)
                          Source: AP Sun May 01, 2011, 1:13 pm EDT

LOS ANGELES - "Fast Five" has left the competition in the dust with an $83.6 million debut to grab the No. 1 spot at the weekend box office, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Universal Pictures' fifth movie in "The Fast and the Furious" franchise was by far this year's biggest opening. Its take was more than double the previous best of $39.2 million for "Rio," the 20th Century Fox animated hit that slipped to No. 2 with $14.4 million.

The No. 1 movie the two previous weekends, "Rio" raised its total to $103.6 million.

"Fast Five" set a record for best April debut ever, speeding past the $71 million haul of its predecessor, "Fast & Furious," two years ago.

The movie reteams stars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker as outlaw driving aces and adds Dwayne Johnson as a federal agent on their tail. The action expands beyond the franchise's traditional racing scene into a broad crime romp.

"Summer began April 29," said Nikki Rocco, head of distribution for Universal. "This was all about the right decisions we made, from the concept to the task. How this was made, that it's not just a car-racing movie, but making it into an action-heist movie. ... And the marketing that said, 'This is not the same. This is new. You're going to love this, and it's going to open up a whole new world.'"

The movie gave Hollywood a huge head-start on the summer season, which begins with next weekend's debut of the Paramount Pictures superhero saga "Thor."

Overall revenues totaled $155 million, up a whopping 52 percent from the same weekend last year, when "A Nightmare on Elm Street" was No. 1 with $32.9 million, according to box-office tracker Hollywood.com.

It was the third-straight weekend that receipts climbed, lifting Hollywood out of a prolonged downturn that began last fall. Revenues for 2011 were running 20.5 percent behind last year's just three weeks ago, but the rebound since then has left Hollywood's business down just 14.2 percent compared with 2010.

"What a difference three weeks can make," said Hollywood.com analyst Paul Dergarabedian. "We get so gloom-and-doom, and appropriately so, but look how quickly we're turning this around. And we're on the cusp of the biggest movie-going season of the year."

"Fast Five" added $81.4 million overseas to bring its worldwide total to $165 million. "Thor" already has opened in many international markets, pulling in $93 million overseas ahead of its U.S. release.

Domestically, the weekend's other new wide releases tanked. Disney's teen romance "Prom" debuted at No. 5 with only $5 million, while the Weinstein Co. animated sequel "Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil" opened at No. 6 with just $4.1 million.

Freestyle Releasing's horror comedy "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night," featuring "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh, debuted far outside the top-10 with a paltry $885,000.

"Dylan Dog" played in narrower release of 875 theaters, averaging $1,011 a cinema, compared with $1,832 in 2,730 theaters for "Prom" and $1,653 in 2,505 cinemas for "Hoodwinked Too."

"Fast Five" played in 3,644 theaters, averaging a mammoth $22,950 a cinema.

Ten percent, or $8.3 million, of domestic revenues for "Fast Five" came from huge-screen IMAX theaters.

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Final figures will be released Monday.

1. "Fast Five," $83.6 million.

2. "Rio," $14.4 million.

3. "Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family," $10.1 million.

4. "Water for Elephants," $9.1 million.

5. "Prom," $5 million.

6. "Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil," $4.1 million.

7. "Soul Surfer," $3.3 million.

8. "Insidious," $2.7 million.

9. "Hop," $2.6 million.

10. "Source Code," $2.5 million.

Comment

Working...
                          X