Ruined For Life. In The Best Way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruined For Life. In The Best Way.

Well, for those of you who weren't in Maxton this weekend, it was the Hot Rod Top Speed Shootout run by the ECTA. It was the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on, and I didn't even race. I got there Friday a little to late to help out, but in plenty of time to listen to rookie orientation from Keith Turk. It was a great experience for anyone who attended and a good chance to get the first look at the track. I don't know that I will ever be able to watch only a 1/4 mile at a time ever again. There is just nothing like hearing cars (and bikes) run full throttle for a mile (except maybe bonneville). The people were the greatest kind you can find as well.

I also got to meet alot of you down there and it was truly a pleasure. WhiteMonster, Orange95z, JRoberts, Dan Stokes, Fordplay, GreenJunk and quite a few others I can't remember the Junkienames for.

I would also like to extend a personal thank you to Keith Turk, Tonya Turk, Brian Lohnes, and Rob Kinnan for your hospitality and a few beers. It was truly an honor to hang out with all of you, even though Keith tried to kill me with his trailer. ;D

DF, you have some great friends. In my book that is the best thing in the world to have a collection of.

And remember to volunteer when you go! I'll be back very soon.

Seth & Luke Kohler
    200 mph or bust.......

Re: Ruined For Life. In The Best Way.

We is one big happy inbred family.

Comment

Trust me it was our treat...

lots of fun to watch Luke Scheme for the next car before the first couple of hours of racing was done...

K

Comment

Anybody who can drink beer and bench race until quarter of four in the morning is ok in my book...he he.

Seriously, it was great to hang out with you guys and tell stories.....even if Turk was there. HA!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Drinking and bullsh!ting till 4am !!
          I think I'm glad Pine Acres was full up, ouch.
          :o

Comment

Now we're all waiting for the pics and movies.
            Don't say you didn't film...

Gerrit
            www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

Man, I didn't even have time to put batteries in my camera !!!

>

Comment

May I join the fun? Hoping to make it down to Maxton this year as a spectator, and possibly later as a participant.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                  May I join the fun? Hoping to make it down to Maxton this year as a spectator, and possibly later as a participant.
                  Sure, why not come to the next event May 17-18 and volunteer. A much better way to be involved and meet the drivers, talk to the crews and check out the cars and bikes. If you are interested, check out more information at their website;

Contact Dan Stokes (ECTA Volunteer Coordinator) if you want to help. See you at the Starting Line ...

8)

Comment

Seth and Luke -
                    Glad we had a chance to ruin y'all. Let me tell you, these guys are the BEST, and I don't know how we'd have gotten by without 'em. I'm sorry they were contaminated by late-nite beer guzzling/lying, but they seemed to survive.

Steve (WhiteMonster) - well, the jury's still out (seriously, he's OK, too).

Seth - thanks for the volunteer plug. PLEASE folks - let me know ahead of time so we can plan better. It will go easier for all of us if we know how we're going to staff each station and have some folks to give others a break. I have some draft training materials that I can E-mail to you if you let me know ahead of time, too.

It was a BLAST meeting lots of new folks last weekend, especially fellow CarJunkies.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                      Trust me it was our treat...

lots of fun to watch Luke Scheme for the next car before the first couple of hours of racing was done...

K
                      We are still scheming. ;)

You are definitely see the two of us going down the track. Hopefully getting one of those fancy green hats. 8)

I was in such a good mood when I got home that the wife said I could buy a Hot Rod for the street AND build a race car. I am one lucky man. 8)

I am going to bring the wife next time I am able to come and she said she would volunteer. Just keep her far enough away so that she doesn't distract the racers going down the track. ;D
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

You need to go hang out with Freiburger and Chad at a Swap meet... trust me you'll have 10 different record setting body choices in the first couple hours... just be careful.. cause they'll sneak in a POS Green Wagon on ya...

Keith

Comment

But it won't just be ugly, it will also be slow. Give us some credit.

Comment

Build the wife a car to drive to. This stuff is addictive as Diet Coke. come on out and jump on in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                              But it won't just be ugly, it will also be slow. Give us some credit.
                              . and they will have a fancy name for it, like the Disco Wagon !

;D

Comment

Working...
                              X